THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeff - I think they'll probably be carding people so better tell Lori to bring ID:biggrin:[/quote]

''Ford you sly old dog ''

Latest weather....
Friday, Jun 12
03.gif

High: 71 °F RealFeel®: 77 °F
Partly sunny

Friday Night, Jun 12
12.gif

Low: 51 °F RealFeel®: 49 °F
Mostly cloudy with a passing shower (looks like about a 20% chance of rain)
http://www.accuweather.com/premium-accupop.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&zipcode=53538&metric=0
Saturday, Jun 13
04.gif

High: 71 °F RealFeel®: 72 °F
Some sun with a thunderstorm possible

Saturday Night, Jun 13
35.gif

Low: 53 °F RealFeel®: 52 °F
Partly cloudy

I talked to Divemaster last night on his way home from this competition and he basically owned it! he walked in all four categories including 1st place in ribs, pork and brisket and GC! Congrats, Jeff! Let's see pictures of that gold cart!

Divemaster had a great day cooking. I did manage to beat him in chicken and got 2 - 2nds and a 3rd but he smoked us all. And that by the way is his first GC. Nice to get a gold cart and tow behing smoker to show off.

Great contest again. They say next year they plan on having a governor's proclamation so with 15 teams it will be a qualifier.

It's an extremely well run contest and they do really treat the cooks great. People coming by to each team every few hours asking if all is OK and if they need anything. Even had visits during the night when it was raining.

Special thanks to Joe for all his help setting up and breaking down and being my runner. Not to mention liking my food. And Stitch - great job and I hope we have it again. And I'll always be watching you guys with those tazers. Billy was still complaining Saturday afternoon but like he said he didn't go down. What happens at the Wolf stays at the Wolf.

:-DCongrats!!!!!!! I always knew you had it in you! When I stopped in and you said it all sucked! I knew you had it! Congrats again! I know this will be the first of many this year for you.:-D

Rumor has it the judges were bought. Demand a recount, Ford.

J/K. Congrats, Dive. You've earned it.
You bringing the cart to the FatAsh Bash for the Brethren Olympics?

Thank you!!!

It was a great competition. I still can’t believe that we came home with the GC.

The team really came together this weekend under some less than ideal circumstances. We tried some new recipes and techniques and then came the rain. It started raining around midnight and didn’t stop until 7:00 in the morning and yet Angelo and Nundo managed to keep ‘The Mistress’ within seven degrees of ideal and ten degrees end to end!!! Dang it’s great having guys that you can depend on! :icon_cool

Ford, it was great being parked next to you again and as far as the team and I are concerned, your chair is always welcome in our site. You did a great job cooking and I really thought you were going to come home with it after tasting your food. Congratulations on the RGC and all of your walks! Also, thank you again for the great pork loin dinner you cooked up on Friday night. It really hit the spot! (BTW, Bigdog & Arlin, we had the Maytag Blue Cheese you gave me with dinner, talk about a hit!!!)

Mike and Animal, it was great seeing both of you again and congratulations on your walks. Thanks for the Crawdads and Gumbo, it all tasted great! Also, Animal, thank you for NOT showing me your thong this year… I’m finally getting last year’s memory out of my brain!

Stitch, what can I say, once again you and the guys put on one heck of an event! While I haven’t been to all that many competitions, I really believe that this is truly the most ‘Cook Friendly’ event that I’ve ever been to. Tiny did a great job making sure that every one had what ever they needed by stopping by every couple of hours through out the night and even in the rain. We knew that Ford was going to need a runner and you guys couldn’t have done better than lending him ‘Get It Done’ Joe. He was right there helping Ford setup, pack-up, and also a runner. The only problem was that he didn’t believe us when we told him that he needed to really shake Ford’s box hard for good luck on the way to turn-in (or maybe he did :eek::mrgreen::eek::mrgreen::eek:)…

The team and I agreed that we’ll be back again next year and with the Governor’s Proclamation, you should be filled up. I still think that it is one of the nicest venues for a competition. You guys did a great job of clearing more space and still leaving enough trees for shade and wind break. I think one of the more impressive memories was when each of us was pulling out and all of the people that came up to the trucks to thank us for coming. We really felt appreciated.

OK, now here is the pron!

Ford with his RGC award!
DSCF0049.jpg

Here’s the Stockcar BBQ Team (Nundo, Me, and Angeo)!
DSCF0069.jpg

Stitch and the team with our new mode of transportation!
DSCF0051.jpg

Our new toys!
DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

DSCF0056.jpg

We found this in supply box… Damn it Stitch, I told you not to show our new secret ingredient!!!
DSCF0064.jpg

Thank you again. What a great experience… (I wonder, are they going to charge me for the train ride to work… My feet still haven’t touched the ground!)

Last edited:
Outstanding Jeff!
Congrats on the GC to you and RGC to Ford.
The Brethren are defianetly proving to be outstanding bbq teams.

Congrats Dive :-D

Sounds like fun was had by all. Kudos to Ford and all who walked.

We want a ride in the cart at Elk Grove!!!

Congrats Jeff!!! You know, I'm not the least bit surprised. Sounds like it was alot of fun and congrats to the team.

Back