Wings on the vortex with love

SweetHeatBBQnSC

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Joedy
My wife and I decided on some wings on the vortex the other night. I was definitely late to the party on the vortex, but for those of you who have never used one just wow. I can't explain how much it can step up your game with wings, bbq chicken, and several other proteins. 3 types of wings--Hot wings, Buffalo wings, and a sweet mustard based sauce bbq sauce. Also made some homemade wing chips for the first time ever. Wife told me I could make them again anytime I wanted to.

Attachments

• 20200408_192119.jpg
    20200408_192119.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 20200408_201351.jpg
    20200408_201351.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 20200408_201559.jpg
    20200408_201559.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 110
I also did wings on the Vortex today. I agree, the Vortex works amazing on wings as well as other things.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Vortex is about the only way I'll cook wings anymore. Occasionally, I will do them on a drum, but still not as good as the vortex.

I've been thinking about doing a video of the vortex in action with some other proteins like steak. I have never tried it, but I bet it would do a mean reverse sear!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Killer wings over in SC... love the variety of flavors. Need to look into those "Wing Chips," too.

If you haven't tried Jamaican Jerk wings.... it's time. Break out the fresh limes.

I've been thinking about doing a video of the vortex in action with some other proteins like steak. I have never tried it, but I bet it would do a mean reverse sear!

It does! I like to slide it offset in the kettle (build a little more room to work). Good indirect heat, but it'll do nicely on the fat around the edge of a steak. Whip off the lid and give it a few minutes when you're ready to sear..... Bam!

Wings look great Joedy, the Vortex is fantastic for cooking chicken parts, going todo some Kettle Fried Thighs with the Vortex next week.

Back