THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

electron_si

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
N/A
I think these are my favorite thing to smoke right now. They are really rich so I usually end up eating 1 or 2 but gives me an excuse to feed the neighbors.

I stoped by the KC BBQ store and picked up a few new rubs. Going to use plowboys for this one. Haven’t tried it before. Also I’ve seen John Henry pecan on here a lot so I figured I would give it a try.

DjcCPw2l.jpg

Also my order from naturiific showed up too! I’ll be giving that a try this week.

Started off with a 3 lb rack of beef short ribs. I don’t really trim these unless big chunks of fat are hanging off. I also leave the membrane.

R6w3iQal.jpg

Here’s the lineup. I love chipotle Tabasco and it seems to work well on these ribs. I’m using the plowboys as the base and meat church holy cow over the go for some more texture.

TgfzFtNl.jpg

All rubbed up

3XNwY0fl.jpg

On to the smoker at 280. I think this is upside down but oh well.

znaJEIDl.jpg

I’ll post pics as we progress. They’ve been on just shy of an hour

Looks like a great start!

You've got some great additions to the lineup. I'm a big fan of John Henry products, and I've got "Texas-size" Pecan & Apple Chipotle rubs in frequent use 'round here.

I eagerly await your finished product shots.

Enjoy!

90 mins in. Just hit them with some vinegar and hot sauce in a spray bottle. These are pulling back nicely.

BUoRnLPl.jpg

Interested in how they turn out as I always trim the fat and pull the membrane and even cut it so the bone shows. Love that we are all so different!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah I typically trim up most my meat including pork ribs but I’ve done beef ribs a couple times and always just throw them on as is with great reaults

2.5 hrs in and a second spritz

0TqgavZl.jpg

Beef ribs are pricey around here. I paid $5.99 yesterday and only have one store in town that stocks them. What is it in your area?

Man these came out awesome. I really liked the bark with the larger grind pepper in the holy cow and bovine bold. I think that is my new combo for these

du8xw8al.jpg

Vy0Se7vl.jpg

Beef short ribs are my favorite, I always make enough to have left overs to put in freezer since the left over meat is amazing in Mexican dishes. Nicely done...

Back