THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well I'm still using the 18.5 kettle my father gave me used in the mid '70s.

I picked up CL free curbside 22.5 kettle with the idea to use the lid for a UDS at the cabin, but life's whims put the project on hold. My nephews were at the cabin and discovered the kettle not knowing my purpose for it. They cleaned it out, bought a new charcoal grate and a hinged food grate (they insist on the hinged grate). It now is the new grill for the cabin, replacing another 18.5 kettle.

Eventually I will find another donor kettle for a UDS lid

Tonight I used my Weber gasser for a quick cook on some boneless skinless chicken beasts. I bought it new 12 years ago and have only needed to replace the flavorizer bars.

I only bought my WSM 4 years ago, so far so good but the jury is still out on how long it will last. :-D

Why do you say that?

That was meant to be tongue in cheek. I have had great luck with cooking on Weber products for many years, and I've found their longevity to be impressive. I've only had my WSM for 4 years, but I fully expect it to last a long long time. Phark, maybe I'll will it to one of those nephews, if they deserve it!

Where's that retro Weber commercial with the psychedelic chit coming out of the Weber? That explains it all!

If you know anything about Weber, you know that Weber charcoal grills started it all. A revolution in outdoor cooking began with the original Weber kettle grill back in the 1950's. Weber has carried on a proud tradition of quality and innovation ever since.
I remember when they started advertising the weber kettle on TV.
My dad used an oval flat grill with no top. He burnt everything. All he would grill was hamburgers & hotdogs. Nothing like the recipes here.
We've come a long way baby!

I haven't used all that many coal grills. In my limited experience, the Weber works best, FWIW.

I do know that those cheapo square things have very poor ventilation (my fire kept going out).

If I take a picture and post it, will someone be able to tell me how old it is??
I can tell you that is Gray and has/had wood handles.
Thanks!!

There is nothing that I can say about Weber that hasn't been said already. I love mine. :thumb:

If I take a picture and post it, will someone be able to tell me how old it is??
I can tell you that is Gray and has/had wood handles.
Thanks!!
There was a recent post that had a list showing how Weber grills were dated by a letter stamped into the pinwheel vent. I'll post it as soon as I find it if someone else doesn't beat me to it. :becky:

I own a 22 WSM, just pick up a Weber three burner gasser for 30 bucks off of craigslist, the firebox was rusted out. Called Weber up, sent them a picture and the serial #, had a new firebox 2 days later.

Weber customer service is the best.

Back