THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just as any sport there are small contests and large contests.

Rodeo - every little town has a rodeo with a little money, then there are county fairs with more money, then state fairs with a bigger purse, then you have the PBR with a bunch of cash where you have the best of the best competing.

Auto Racing - Same as above little dirt tracks, then county tracks, then regional, then national...

BBQ - Small contests every weekend (town rodeo), then State contests (state fair rodeo), then the national contests like the Jack, Royal, Sam's Series, Memphis in May, the Texas Rodeo (PBR)...

You gotta remember Rodeo, Bass Fishing, NASCAR, etc have been followed as sports for generations. In the BBQ Meccas - Memphis, Kansas City, the Carolinas, Texas - Contests are decades old and are followed by generations...In the rest of the country BBQ is a relatively new sport. As chefs become the new athletes (Thank You Food Network!) You will see bigger and bigger payouts.

I am 33 years old and have been doin Competition BBQ for most of my life. I have seen an explosion in contests and contest payouts. Wait a few years, the money will catch up to the sport...

Neil

Back