THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have not yet tried Franklin's, and am not sure I have the patience for waiting more than an hour -but just watching some of his videos on YouTube and reading various interviews- he is a supremely likable and affable guy, and the brisket always look amazing. The "vibe" he gives is one that he does not take himself too seriously, is modest about his accomplishments, and loves what he does. I don't sense any kind of snobbishness in his carriage at all. LOL@Bob C.

I went last year with my daughter who lives in Austin. We got in line at 8:30am on a Sunday and that was about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way back to the end of the line that had formed by the 11:00am opening time. You have to get there at 6:00am to be at the front of the line. We got our food a little after 12. I would say it was definitely worth the wait. Time flew by since we went with someone experienced in the process and brought chairs, ice chest with mimosa fixins and played cards against humanity while waiting. It was like tailgating pre-lunch. They do let you in to use the restrooms before the doors open at 11.

Back