THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gtr

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
I'll be cooking a pig on a rotisserie this weekend and am wondering if I should baste or not. I did last year (a recipe from Chris Lily's Big Bob Gibson book}, and it's not clear to me what the benefits were from doing it. I'm thinking I might just rub the skin down with salt - maybe a little oil? and just go with that. I'd love to hear some thoughts on this. I'll be cooking with oak burned to coals.

Thanks in advance!

And - any Brethren in the area are welocme to come eat pig with us - PM me for info - it'll be Sunday after 3pm. There'll be some other Brethren folk there too. And - don't forget the SoCal Brethren Bash on October 7 at Moose's spot. This weekend can be an opportunity to start stretching out the stomach for the Bash.

gtr I would recommend just start roasting and once it starts sweating then put on your seasoning it stays on the skin that way. I apply about once an hr. until finished and increase the heat the last 20 min. to really crisp up the skin. basting for me just softened the skin you want a good chicharron.

Back