THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GA1dad

Full Fledged Farker
I think I wanna do my first whole hog on my new 60 inch reverse flow for our small family reunion in the spring. Reckon what size pig will fit on a 60 X 24 reverse flow? I figure I will go headless, and maybe legs pulled under,, but have no clue what size hog to consider.

Anybody got any pics of a hog on a 60 inch cooker?

Here's a video from Lang of a 120 lb hog on a Lang 60:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ilnPZAPkI8"]Preparing and Cooking a 120 Lb Hog on a Lang 60 Deluxe with Chargrill - YouTube[/ame]

Here's a 250lb dressed weight on a Meadow Creek PR60 I did just over 2 years ago. It was a tight fit, but racing style it just so fit.
250lb_zpsodfombut.jpg

I went back and looked at my notes. It was a really tight fit, the thermometer in the lid was just so touching the pig when closed. I monitored temps with a Maverick, lid thermo was useless until it shrunk down some. Here's some finished pics.

big_zpsexppmdyd.jpg

takeapart_zpsutdl5phb.jpg

Back