THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kanco Connection

is Blowin Smoke!
Who is on the BBQ Mt. Rushmore? Not talking about success in comps—I’m guessing that’s easily quantifiable. Here’s what I’m talking about:

Who are the national figures who have inspired and taught the most folks at the deepest levels? Who are the grill masters who have advanced backyard BBQ to the greatest degree from the standpoint of freely sharing their vast knowledge, with that knowledge resulting in BBQ being significantly changed and improved by their efforts?

I’ll admit up front I really can’t speak with authority on this, but I’m a sports nut and the Mt. Rushmore question comes up all the time in sports so it got me wondering about BBQ. I’ll give a feeble list based on my own learning:

1. Aaron Franklin
2. Meathead Goldwyn
3. Chris Lilly
4. Mike Mills

Intact, they are double life size wax figures in an Air Conditioned room with stain resistant fabric couches, velvet ropes and accent lighting.......:heh:

You Know - like a Museum.......

Last edited:
I see the point, but there are so many cooks that make great Q. I think trying to identify demigods is kind of the antithesis of BBQ. Part of the charm is that anyone can do it - you don't need expensive equipment or exotic meats, just time and love of the fire.

All that said, Cowgirl gets my vote too. :twisted:

Back