THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vr6Cop

is Blowin Smoke!
Alabama used 1:1 ratio of butter and honey, with some Plowboy rub in the mix. I'm planning on doing the same, but how about adding some white wine into the mix?

Maybe 1 part honey, 1 part butter and 1 part white wine, with Yard bird whisked in for more flavor & color?

:confused: I know only I can be the judge after cooking, but what do y'all think? Spike it or not?

Does it just sound nasty, or intriguing? :confused:

Or does anyone have any other suggestions that include white wine as an injection ingredient? I don't have to use it, but I have some extra that I can use.

Yeah I don't see why not, what kind of wine are you looking to use? I would watch the alcohol content, go for something on the lower side. I'm not really that much of a pinot grigio fan but it might work well in this application. Personally, I would leave out the honey, go with just the butter. Could always cut it with some low sodium chicken stock as well... spices..etc.

Back