While waiting on my P&S... Smoked in Genesis Gas Grill

TRx

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Richard
This being one of my first posts and knowing that this ISN'T the way to do things, but a guy needs to work with what he has so... lol My P&S Pellet Grill should be ready to pick up by the end of the month but the family wanted a Prime Rib for Christmas so I gave it a go on my Weber Genesis gas grill. The set up was the far left burner only on and I put in a couple of pressure cooker plates to help deflect direct heat. On the far right is a Blazn pellet smoking thing I'd bought a few years ago. I modulated the one gas burner to maintain about 225 degrees for almost 5 hours. I packed the grills openings with aluminum foil to try to hold the smoke in. Once I was about 118 internal I wrapped the roast and put it in an ice chest for 30 mins. Then I cranked the grill up as hot as I could and put the roast back on to sear for about 15 minutes. It's not the prettiest thing and the outside edges over cooked but it was sure tasty. The picture of the sliced meat is what was leftover as the family was grabbing pieces as I sliced it. The rub was a mix of sweet mesquite and montreal steak seasoning. I'll try to upload pics but this is my first time trying so not sure it will work.
IMG-7597.jpg

IMG-7599.jpg

temp.jpg

IMG-7605.jpg

IMG-7606.jpg

Great thinking out of the box
Nice looking piece of beef

Very well done and on a seriously high pressure cook! Not an inexpensive hunk of meat and the pressure of a special holiday meal.

You are wrong. That is totally one of the many ways to do things! You made food, with what you had and people enjoyed it. I have smoked on a gasser a few times. Looks good!

Thanks all. A couple days later I put the ribs in a crockpot on low smothered in a spicy Hawaiian bbq sauce till the meat was almost falling off. We’re really looking forward to receiving the new pellet smoker. Your posts here are informative and inspirational. Thanks

Thanks all. A couple days later I put the ribs in a crockpot on low smothered in a spicy Hawaiian bbq sauce till the meat was almost falling off. We’re really looking forward to receiving the new pellet smoker. Your posts here are informative and inspirational. Thanks

That looks good.

Really looking forward to you posting on your Pitts and Spitts. It's a great Pellet Grill that need some more attention around here.

Back