THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A lot of points end up as corned beef in a cryovac pack.
Ahhh Pastrami!!!! (Actually, the smaller packages of corned beef I've found were 'Center Cuts' containing both the flat and point...)

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

Flat makes the prettier slices but i prefer the point for flavor. Agree with the the comment about females seeming to prefer the flat because of fat content. Notice more places are now calling the point "moist brisket" instead of "fatty brisket".

Hey there

I did my first brisket (packer ) a couple of weeks ago....add strangely enough it turned out grrrrreat, the family love it...the next time I do one it will be the whole packer again…there’s just too much good meat you’ll miss out on if'n you do one or the other….just sayin’

Brisket3a.jpg

Brisket4a.jpg

Grace and peace

Ben

Uh, Hello...............This isn't the Brisket Throwdown Thread!!!:-D You all are farking killing me over here!! I caught my daughter's stomach virus and haven't been able to eat chit all day and you guys start posting this kinda stuff!!!! Evil, pure evil, I tell ya!!:twisted:

Good point about the points going into corned beef cryos. Wal-Mart has them marked down to nothing the day after Patty's day. May need to pick me one up!!

That pic of the burnt ends is just calling out my name all sexy and seductive like...................my stomach on the other hand is grumbbling something fierce and telling me, "it ain't gonna happen!" :sad:

Uh, Hello...............This isn't the Brisket Throwdown Thread!!!:-D You all are farking killing me over here!! I caught my daughter's stomach virus and haven't been able to eat chit all day and you guys start posting this kinda stuff!!!! Evil, pure evil, I tell ya!!:twisted:
Sorry dude... Hope you feel better
Good point about the points going into corned beef cryos. Wal-Mart has them marked down to nothing the day after Patty's day. May need to pick me one up!!:
Do it, you know you want to...
That pic of the burnt ends is just calling out my name all sexy and seductive like...................my stomach on the other hand is grumbbling something fierce and telling me, "it ain't gonna happen!" :sad:

Bob likes my beef candy, now I'm scared!!!

I did my first brisket (packer ) a couple of weeks ago....add strangely enough it turned out grrrrreat, the family love it.

The same thing happened when we cooked our very first brisket. Tender, juicy, succulent. We had no idea what we were doing and it was fabulous.

It took us another two years to cook one that came anywhere close.

+1 for the point. The flat is great sliced, but the point has way more flavour and when cooked low and slow after the rest of the brisket is done, it melts in the mouth and has that unctious sticky mouthfeel you get from fatty/tough cuts cooked for long periods.

"Whatever Part I am standing on." BigMista

I was thinking of doing my first brisket in the next couple of weeks, bu t am not sure that I want to do a whole packer. If I was to only do a smaller piece, would the brethren recommend doing the flat or the point?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of doing my first brisket in the next couple of weeks, bu t am not sure that I want to do a whole packer. If I was to only do a smaller piece, would the brethren recommend doing the flat or the point?

Since it's your first, I would just get a flat and smoke it. That way if something goes wrong, you haven't wasted a whole packer. Like others have said, i've never seen just a point for sale, usually either the whole packer or just the flat.

Back