Where is Jamie Geer?

Uncle JJ

Full Fledged Farker
I decided to buy the Jambo Backyard - but it was a close call between that and the Lang 48 Patio.

So, I've left several messages for Jamie to place the order. He has yet to call me back. I wonder if he's on vacation or something. Strange, as I have heard great things about his level of service. Any of you have similar experiences?

I guess if I don't hear back, I'll order the dang Lang.

Unconfirmed - but I hear tell that there is a 9 month wait on a new Jambo.

Plus Jamie is a competitor; and you know how much time that takes away from you.

But if you are comparing a Jambo and a Lang, you are comparing apples and oranges. Jambo is an offset with some innovative (but not unique) air flow characteristics. A Lang is a reverse flow. If you are intending to cook hot and fast, you may be disappointed in a Lang. If you are looking to cater off of your rig, you may be disappointed in a Jambo. With all due respect, maybe a little more research should be done.

You may also wish to inquire about R&O Smokers. I cannot speak to their quality, but I am seeing a lot of them starting to pop up at competitions. They certainly look good.

I don't think Jambo backyard cookers are a 9 month wait, just the larger size ones. But the backyards/Juniors still have a little wait on them from what I hear.

You can order a Jambo backyard from big poppa smokers for $2300 or so (includes shipping), but they mention there is a 10-12 week wait time for Jamie to build it.

Unconfirmed - but I hear tell that there is a 9 month wait on a new Jambo.

Plus Jamie is a competitor; and you know how much time that takes away from you.

But if you are comparing a Jambo and a Lang, you are comparing apples and oranges. Jambo is an offset with some innovative (but not unique) air flow characteristics. A Lang is a reverse flow. If you are intending to cook hot and fast, you may be disappointed in a Lang. If you are looking to cater off of your rig, you may be disappointed in a Jambo. With all due respect, maybe a little more research should be done.

You may also wish to inquire about R&O Smokers. I cannot speak to their quality, but I am seeing a lot of them starting to pop up at competitions. They certainly look good.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I plan to use the smoker at home, but I want to try competitions some day. I do not cater, except for parties at my house. I do like to cook hot and fast. I've cooked on a Lang 60 before, and it's a really great smoker. I decided on the Jambo because I like the insulated box, and so many folks here recommend it. Plus, I also heard it is easier to cook hotter on it than on the Lang.

I did talk to Jamie about a month ago, and he said I could get the Backyard by October. He answered a lot of questions for me and was super nice. I hadn't made my decision at that time, so I didn't order it. Prob should have. I'm sure he's a busy guy.

Jamie isn't good at responding to emails or voicemails. The best time to call him is 8-12 central time. If you really want a Jambo, call him until you get in touch with him.
He is consumed right now trying the restaurant business. "Bless his heart."

I have wanted a jambo backyard for a while. Just can't swing it right now. Just not in the budget. But if the wait is a year..... perhaps I should place an order now :roll:.

Not that I cater.. but why is this pit not ideal for catering?

we can help you....we are the only reseller of Jambo pits...call 877 828 0727 Many times I can get it to you cheaper than Jamie due to the freight deals we get,

Get with djqualls on here and get a quote for an R & O. Top notch pits with out so much wait. Might be able to save you on freight with the BBQ network delivery.

Back