THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cliff H.

is Blowin Smoke!
How do you guys fit them in with time allowed before turn in ?

Do you seperate the flat from the point before resting ?

Do you smoke two briskets. One for flat turn in and one for burnt ends ?

Am I making sense ?

If you leave the brisket and flat intact for resting which would be the prefered method then there is no time to make burnt ends......Is there ?

Maybe if you cut the point in half and leave half of it attatched to the flat.

I seperate the flat and point before cooking. You could cook two packers, one seperated one not, if you like the full packer cook.

I cook on one pit so my briskets are resting for a good time which would give me time to seperate them anyway. I'll never turn a box in again without endz after the shoe leather flat garnered a 7th place finish thanks to the tasty tasty endz. :)

I usually use the very end of the point. It already has some good char on it. Will cut off a hunk, cube it, throw it back on the grill at high heat untill it gets to the point I like it and pull right before boxing the slices.

I like to split the packers before I start cooking... I treat both the flat and points the same until it comes time to rest, that's when I cube the points, put them in a hotel pan with extra seasoning and sauce and put them back on the cooker for another hour or two...

Back