What's your favorite steak sandwich recipe?

MustGoFast

Knows what a fatty is.
So planning a tailgate for a few friends and decided to do some steak sammies on the new PKGO.

My plan is to buy some tenderloin and slice into thin say 1/2~2/3" fillets as perfect sammies - hit with some seasonsing and run on the flat side of the grill grates till medium rare with a good hard sear.
Top with some onion jam and a bit of cheese on a nice toasted role.

That said - What would your go to be? Any suggestions on best seasoning for a sammy and or favorite sauce?

That is all...

Oh and tonight I found a lonely ribey in the freezer this weekend so its getting turned into sammies for the wife and I to practice, but I think this is just going to get trim'd and sliced into 2 pieces then topped with some cheese and grilled peppers and onto a basic bun (cuz it's what's in the house)

There's a myriad of ways to do a steak sammich - you'll always be ahead of the game with good quality FRESH(ideally just a few hours old) bread, and good meat.

Homemade chimichurri is a favorite condiment in our house for steak sammiches. I like the idea of a single piece of meat that fits a roll perfectly, so a flash seared 1/2 inch strip steak would fit the bill nicely. Given that bread is involved, I would season your steak considerably more than you would than if you were just serving the steak by itself.

Just a few ideas that come to mind...

I'm in a similar boat with Moose on this. My favorite is a thinly sliced tri-tip sandwich on a mexican telera roll with a chimichurri sauce.

I am personally never a big fan of steak sandwiches where it is a whole piece of meat. I usually end up taking a bit and the whole piece of meat comes out. Much prefer thin slices for ease of eating

I like it simple and just put horseradish sauce on it.

You just helped me decide what I’m having for dinner tonight using leftover ribeye from last night.

Much prefer thin slices for ease of eating
I agree -and like a steak and cheese made from ribeye sliced thin - sauteed onions, mushrooms, sharp provolone, hot minced cherry peppers- on a toasted baguette - alot of times I'll remove the soft center of the bread for more meat room. Meat > bread.

Food Pron for the night.
Made a Gochujong Garlic Aoli to spread on some leftover hamburger buns with some sharp cheddar and some leftover cheddar. It ate good!

Attachments

• 20220516_170216.jpg
    20220516_170216.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 163
  • 20220516_171026.jpg
    20220516_171026.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 20220516_192440.jpg
    20220516_192440.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 20220516_192757.jpg
    20220516_192757.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 20220516_192938.jpg
    20220516_192938.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 164
I was lazy tonight but wanted to try out the new grillgrates I got with the PKGo. So tossed em on the weber seasoned em and then used the flat side to give a full exterior sear to these.

I was lazy tonight but wanted to try out the new grillgrates I got with the PKGo. So tossed em on the weber seasoned em and then used the flat side to give a full exterior sear to these.

Looks really good!

I had my “MustGoFast” inspired dinner on white toast. LOL!

"Gochujong Garlic Aoli" :shock:

Wait, what!? Threaten me with a good time!

I need some of that... or at least something very close to that!

All I can offer is that you make sure it's tender. Sous Vide is the way to go for that with finishing sear on the PK. Lot's of great info in this thread.

alot of times I'll remove the soft center of the bread for more meat room. Meat > bread.

Me too. Makes for a better cheese steak if all you can find is a dense sub roll/Italian loaf. More meat for me please!

I agree with the sliced over whole steak idea....easier to eat.

My favorite steak sandwich

1 ribeye steak seasoned s&p, grilled to medium rare. Let rest 10 minutes while resting grab your bread of choice. Now here is the secret, throw the bread away grab a fork and knife and dig in!!!

Garlic butter.

Horseradish sauce. Throw some caramelized onions on there and some gruyere with some horseradish sauce... yum.

Or a blue cheese sauce, maybe.

"Gochujong Garlic Aoli" :shock:

Wait, what!? Threaten me with a good time!
I need some of that... or at least something very close to that!

Here was my lazy version of a recipe - just combined the below in a bowl and mixed then chill'd in the fridge for an hour to meddle the flavors a bit.
1/2c mayo
1/2 lemon juiced
~3 cloves of garlic grated
1T of whole grain mustard
a little S&P to taste
Gochujong to taste (I squirted, mixed, repeated until happy maybe 2T or so)

Back