THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

in upstate ny, where smokers aren't overwhelmingly popular on craigslist, i found this for $150:

IMG_20100720_160322.jpg

Very nice! Sweet find.

I got a red performer used only about a dozen times with a rotessery for only $75.00 with original cover, chimney, and tools.
IMG-20110404-00066.jpg

IMG-20110404-00067.jpg

IMG-20110404-00068.jpg

IMG-20110404-00069.jpg

This is what the inside of the lid looked liked.
IMG-20110404-00070.jpg

I picked up a Weber Genesis 1000 for $20 with the tank. It needed flavorizer bars and burner tubes.

Weber 18" One Touch Silver for $10 or $15 (I forget). It also came with half a bag of charcoal.

OK Fess up. How many of you, after reading or posting here, zipped over to CL for a quick look see?

I have only had 2 CL finds (that I actually went after), which after reading some of the deals you all have got....I'm not so sure they would be considered "scores"

My Platinum for $100, and a OTG for $50 both in the pic below. Both only needed some very minor elbow grease though.
0ca0e62c.jpg

An 18 1/2" WSM (with wooden handle) only used 4 times, with original HD cover, new Weber Chimney and new cooking grate.....$75 and only 4 miles from my house.

I'm addicted. I just bought a smoker off CL last weekend and keep checking it constantly now. Already plotting how I can unload the one I just bought if I find a better one! Need to stop....in guitar forums they call this GAS....guitar acquisition system. I think I've replaced the G with Grill. Or maybe SAS?

The best deal (while not technically on CL) was a neighbor around the corner having a garage sale and near the end when they were putting things out to the curb for the vultures, they sold me a 1970's Kamado (older ceramic) kooker for $5.. It had some fixes needed which I've documented elsewhere here but worked like a charm last time I used it.. Not bad for $5..

I think my best score would be my Univex PrepSaver 4509 slicer I got for $75.
New they are close to $1000!!:becky:
It was from a restaurant that went under, and seems barely used...

Also pretty happy with my $80 Performer (2001 model)...

That ranch for $30 might be the best CL score I've heard of!!!!! Awesome!!! My best deal was a $5 red kettle for my uds build. Had a chance recently to buy a 27" weber kettle in newer shape for $20 and passed...Should have snagged it!!

brickie

I'm gonna have to say it was my Whalen 37.5 inch King Kettle that was used 5 times and cleaned up like it was almost straight out of the box for $300. it's not a fuel hog and is fantastic for indirect cooks.

100_7393.jpg

I would LOVE something like this. And I'd say at $300, it's a STEAL! Nice score!:thumb:

Back