THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've been thinking about what I want to smoke this Christmas and FINALLY it hit me just like can of wild untainted spam sitting at the far back of my rations pile, well being from Texas it's only certain that this is what I should cook.....:heh:

IMG_0977.JPG

:puke:Yuck I'll settle for the real deal and can it myself:doh: why didn't I think of that.

We're going all traditional this year for the Solstice.:heh:

We got a traditional Yule Log, like the one in this picture...
yule_log.jpg

I can't get it to fit in the fireplace properly, so I just stuck one end in there and we will nudge it forward as the season rolls on.
santa_smiley.gif

As usual, we will have the neighbors for dinner. They have some nice, plump, juicy breasts and thighs to offer this year, and we are really looking forward to that.:hungry:

And lastly of course, it just wouldn't be right without the big old simmering cauldron of cider! The kids sure love that cider!
20070324083236__dsc3650blog.jpg

Hope everyone has as good of a time as we plan to!:becky:

Yesterday I picked up a sizable chuck roast and when I got to checkout he said that it may be over limit. I had no idea what he was talking about but when he put it on the scale, it did not register. The scale only goes up to 30 lbs. I asked what now? he said they ring it up for 30 lbs. So I got about a 40 lb roast for under $75.

Doing a 20# turkey for Christmas day and maybe some other protein like a bottom round or chuckie.

Next Thursday though I'm doing butts, ribs, MOINK balls and possibly pigs on the wing.

Doing it up Jamaican style this year. Starting with:
Boneless pork loin jerked with Walkerswood Hot and Spicy jerk paste.(made with scotch bonnets)
Baked yams
Fried Plantain fritters
ABT's
Pig Candy with my brown sugar/pecan/cayenne pepper paste
Avocados
plenty of ice tea/soda's/adult beverages.
And lot's of tissue to wipe the tears away the next day when things 'exit' from us.

I got 2 big fat blue seal kielbasa's for apps & a PR for dinner.
Then next friday, family party, a couple of chix & some chuckie
for a taco bar.

Me too!!!

Not to be a grinch but......my own arse is on the pit this Christmas lol. I LOVE my job but it is one of those in our world that must go on, through hell or high water...or Christmas weekend. Working one 8 and two 12 hour shifts on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. No BBQ for me :) Enjoy your Christmas everyone, and say a prayer for the safety of those who will be on duty, both here and abroad, this Christmas weekend. Cheers! (hope none of this sounded too much like a bitch session, it really wasn't :) ) Merry Christmas Brethren!!!

I feel your pain brother!!! Merry christmas too all.....Be safe out there this weekend! And thank you and all other L.E.O.'s!

Back