THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yield on butts ...

Thanks for all the help... :p Question: Someone mentioned that I would need a 1/2 lbs person. Is the 1/2 a pound of meat per person based on 2 - 4oz servings of cooked meat for each???

I think I'm going to go with the butts... I talked to my butcher and he told me I should yield about 5.5 lbs of meat out of a 7-8lb bone-in butt and get about 4-5 servings per pound. I would need about 23 lbs of cooked pork to feed 90 if all ate just one sammy. It would be about 46 lbs of raw weight.Do I have this correct?

I have to ask the people how many sammies they a counting on having for each person and if there is going to be any other main foods...

Thanks again... Happy Monday!!!

I get about a 50% yield out of butts. 2 butts at 15 lbs actually give between 7.5 & 8 lbs.

Servings - if it's the only meat I use a kaiser bun and 5 oz of meat per person. If there are more meats than the 4 inch buns and about 4 oz for a real full sammy.

90 x 5 = 450 oz cooked = 900 raw = 56 lbs = 1 case or 8 butts.

Back