THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great save...looks delicious!! Yes..205 is the target temp, probe tender and bone pulls out easily and cleanly!

Only use temps as a guide. It is done when it probes like going in warm butter. !

I really hate this example. Another one is "peanut butter". These are terrible examples because there is a very short window in which this method goes from perfect, to over done, dry sawdust on a cutting board.

Apparently someone took offense to my post ( not mentioning names) Anyway, im sorry i didn't provide a "better" way to tell how meat is done.

I personally use Time+Temp to tell. I am just going to use sous vide charts as its was easier to google, but providing your IT probe is within these guidelines the charts should apply.

Here is a good example for short ribs.

https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/beef-short-ribs-your-way

I am going to use Pork ribs for an example. First relative example.

409f2e3b993787f6ec926e4c28d1e0a7.jpg

SousVideCookingTimes_Chart_229dc15b-0dfd-4fbd-bfce-fbad588e986e_2048x2048.jpg

So these internal temps along with the suggested time, the meat is done. I will dig up a chart on texture in a bit, as its not as easy to find as i thought. My appologies.

Last edited:
Back