What steak to get from Snake River Farms?

Shadowdog500

is One Chatty Farker
I received a $250 gift certificate for Snake River Farms (SRF) and am trying to figure out what to buy.

My first impulse was to get a gold brisket but there are only two of us and we found that a good steak dinner is usually perfect for us. We usually grill a 1.5” thick prime grade bone-in-ribeye or porterhouse about once a week on our Weber performer. We were probably going to do the same but noticed other steaks like the Delmanico and the cowboy steak.

What is your favorite steak from SRF? Pictures are welcome!

Last edited:
I would say ribeyes or filets depending on what your preferences are - that’s probably enough to do both. I feel like quality beef really lets a filet shine whereas a ribeye is almost a “gimme”. A wagyu brisket can be challenging to cook IMO.

I got some ribeye a while back and was less than impressed. Could have got similar or better quality at the market for a lot less. The ribs were good and I haven't cooked the short ribs yet.

The SRF picanha is the best I’ve had. Far better than those I got from porter road. Their fillets are also outstanding. I wasn’t a huge fan of their beef ribs…way too much fat on the last two I had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you really want steak, then rib cap or Denver.

But, I would get a gold brisket. You can get a few meals out of that.

We ordered a bone-in Wagyu ribeye a couple of weeks ago that was out of this world. Around 2 pounds that fed both of us easily.

Attachments

• 2022-03-01 13.26.27.jpg
    2022-03-01 13.26.27.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 175
Thanks for all of the replies. They appear to be out of the items I was thinking of getting so I may need to wait a wile before ordering.

The brisket is tempting, but I make good brisket and to be quite honest I like a good steak dinner better than brisket.

I’m probably going to stick with what I usually make and get a wagyu gold porterhouse and a wagyu gold bone-in ribeye. This will give me a chance to compare SRF wagyu gold to the prime grade from the local butcher Ive been grilling.

I did look at their rib roast and all they have in stock was a prime grade. I can get never-been-frozen prime grade rib roast at my local butcher for about the same price and it is excellent. We made one around Christmas.

Last edited:
I wound up ordering the cowboy steak (aka 3” thick bone in ribeye) and a porterhouse steak.
They arrived today and they are both massive! They were also well packaged.
We plan to grill one this weekend.

CF4BE206-2161-43FD-8F60-D08D588115FE.jpg
915483E7-A6A9-4D4B-B575-0F977A5C1046.jpg

FC8FB35B-EA11-4CE8-8482-B1F05A658E1A.jpg

Back