THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A - All meats

Cherry wood is a great smoking wood. It has a mild smoke profile. The one thing with it, is it will give a dark red color to the meats.

I have used it on beef, pork, chicken, venison and it is good stuff.

I mix Cherry with different woods, and use it on everything. I love the taste it gives and I always get a darker smoke ring when I use it. I love the appearance that the Cheery wood gives.

One of my favorite mixes is Cherry, Hickory and Apple.

I used cherry with some lamb

WP_20140427_15_51_08_Pro_zps4f64b383.jpg

My go to wood for Pork, and Chicken/Turkey. I sometimes mix in a little other woods but mostly just Cherry Pork, and Chicken/Turkey.

To kick it up a level, try some John Henry Cherry Chipotle rub on your pork, and smoke it with cherry wood. I catered lunch for 40 yesterday and ued the JH rub on mu pork butt - people noticed the difference and said it was the best I had done ( I cater for these people once a month). Now I/, trying to come up with my own cherry rub.

I like cherry wood with pork, but have had excellent results with chicken as well.

Back