THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABT's. My Wife wants me to make em for almost every social event. Not that i don't like cooking em, it's the prep that's the bummer. And I'm not talking about 10 or 15 peppers, she'll go buy a bag full...literally. It will fill up almost my entire offset and it's about six foot long.

I love to cook, so I can't think of anything I'd 'hate' making. What I find to be kind of frustrating, though, is building the layers of spanikopita (spinach pie) because the phyllo dough has a tendency to tear, no matter how careful you are to keep it moist with a damp towel. I usually do about seven layers on the top, and another seven layers on the bottom, so there's lots of room for frustration. :frusty:

I hate making the obligatory holiday hams. Everyone in my family likes when I take a precooked ham and put it in the smoker with a glaze. That is about as challenging as making a baloney sandwich but that is what they want, period.

I have been making a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake for about 10 years now. I used to love making them. Now I get it requested by some family member every time we have a meal. Recently, my wife has started giving them as gifts- for a future date. Probably made 15 of them between Thanksgvivng and Christmas last year.
I don't even like to eat them anymore. You know its bad when you don't want to eat cheesecake!!

Mike

I imagine that the only meal that I would hate to cook would be my last meal! :shock:

Other than that, pretty much all cooking is good by me, which is not to be confused with, goodbye me. :thumb:

Making pizza is starting to wear on me. It used to be an every Friday night thing, but we've slacked off a bit lately and the kids are NOT happy about it.

Since I make the dough from scratch every time there's the flour mess all over, the rise, more flour to roll out, and then there's slicing veg, sauce, cheese, bake....:blah:

The pie's only take about 7 or 8 minutes to actually cook, but it's a 2 hour deal it seems. Plus, we make several each time too.

It's become a real PIA. WHY did we stop just cooking frozen pizzas again? :loco:
Get the kids involved. If they are old enough to be unhappy about not getting good pizza then they are old enough to lend a hand.

For me it's the meal that I have to rush to prepare.

I made chili a couple of weeks ago and considering the quantity I was making it ended up being a 2 hour affair between chopping all the veggies, browning the meat, etc.

I made Hungarian Goulash about a month ago that came out good however we had company that day and I felt rushed making in...just didn't enjoy the whole experience.

In general I also do not like making a recipe for the first time. It always takes longer than anticipated (even with all the ingredients) and some recipes are so time-sensative that it's easy to overcook something.

But besides I don't really have a recipe I don't like making...I do agree on the cleanup thing though.

I hate whine whine whine, can i have some cheese with that whine? (of course i jest :twisted:) I like everything I make, I just hate cleaning up!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE eating these chicken tenders. Probably the best I've ever had anywhere. But I do HATE making them. And I bitch and moan the whole time too!! Not that anyone in the house is listening, and nothing a shot of whiskey and a beer can't help with.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE eating these chicken tenders. Probably the best I've ever had anywhere. But I do HATE making them. And I bitch and moan the whole time too!! Not that anyone in the house is listening, and nothing a shot of whiskey and a beer can't help with.

I was just razing you. I hear ya. Maybe the family needs to barter some things for u to make them.....

Unless I am having issues with my hands or feet, in which case I cannot cook at all comfortably, there is nothing I don't like to cook. I love frying too. The mess is what it is, I manage to make a mess doing just about anything, heck, I make a mess making tea. There just isn't anything I don't like cooking.

And I do not eat a lot of seafood, especially raw fish, but, I love preparing it for others and feeding other people is one of my great pleasures in life, so if it is for others, I am going to go for it.

Can't think of anything I hate to cook. And as far as cleanup............Meh. What I don't like is cooking, or should I say, preparing while my wife is home. I'd rather have the kitchen to myself and fly solo...........:plane:

I hate cooking frozen hamburger patties. Due to cost (when we have a big party with a lot of kids), convenience (last minute plans), or my wife's desire, I usually end up cooking these things a few times per year. They are a pain to cook as they are loaded with so much fat that they require constant tending or you'll end up with a hellacious grease fire. Even when I tend them well, they end up shrinking to the diameter of a hockey puck. I just hate the end product, compared to the handmade burgers I make from ground chuck. I know I'm comparing apples to oranges here, but it makes me mad when i have to cook those things.

Back