THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

qnbiker

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Lew
I have 3 smokers on my deck and they all put out different music. My WSM puts out the heaviest smoke profile - I equate it with my JBL Xtreme bluetooth speaker which is oriented to heavy bass. My Performer with Smoke EZ is more even - you can taste the smoke, meat, rub etc. It's more like my stereo which has a more even sound. My GMG Daniel Boone pellet grill has a great overall flavor and a clean but very light smoke profile. It reminds me of my bil's high end stereo setup. Monoblocks, top of the line CD player with separate DAC, cables that cost more than many stereos, $6,500 speakers - unreal sound staging but slightly weak on the bass and needs a sub (he doesn't think so). Obviously I'm equating smoke profile with bass, meat flavor and clean/dirty overall taste with midrange, nuances with highs - you guys might have different ways of looking at it. What kind of music do your smokers make?

Light Blues.
Very aromatic.:becky:

picture.php

Last edited:
While I’m only a month or so into my LSG VO and stick burning, I’m in love. Here’s an unabashed assessment of the music it’s making...

Think smooth, beautiful, smokey warmth from the broad, realistic soundstage of a pair of Thiel 7.2’s with Cardas Clear Beyond cables, driven by McIntosh MC275 tube monoblocks and a C220, spinning a Thorens TD550 turntable with a Dynavector XX2 MK II cartridge, enjoying an original mint Columbia pressing of Billie Holiday’s “Lady in Satin”.

And I’m spent...

While I’m only a month or so into my LSG VO and stick burning, I’m in love. Here’s an unabashed assessment of the music it’s making...

Think smooth, beautiful, smokey warmth from the broad, realistic soundstage of a pair of Thiel 7.2’s with Cardas Clear Beyond cables, driven by McIntosh MC275 tube monoblocks and a C220, spinning a Thorens TD550 turntable with a Dynavector XX2 MK II cartridge, enjoying an original mint Columbia pressing of Billie Holiday’s “Lady in Satin”.

And I’m spent...

That's audio poetry there!

And I’m spent...
:blah:

What the hell did he say?

That he knows his audio equipment... Nice rig SM!

I let go of the jargon decades and decades ago.
But I still have some LP's, Cassette's, CD's, and now digitals on my Smarter-Than-Me-Phone.
My last noteworthy speakers were Design Acoustic D-12's...
My, My, we've come a long way since.

The 1 ton Dodge Mega-Cab I cruise around towing trailers has an Alpine factory installed system that pumps fine.
Wife sez she hears me comin home... :laugh::rolleyes:

I chuckled!! I too,like peace and quite when I am cooking.It is my escape from the world we live in today.No TWEETING,NO TWERKING. Just thin blue and a COLD brew.

"Thin Blue, and Cold Brew" sounds like a damn good name for a bbq joint/brewery. Don't be surprised is some Hipster company steals the name and Tweets it.

"Thin Blue, and Cold Brew" sounds like a damn good name for a bbq joint/brewery. Don't be surprised is some Hipster company steals the name and Tweets it.

Let em have it,as long as they leave me alone.I'm gonna sit on my porch and enjoy the rest of my life.I got sense enough to know that I have lived more of it than I have left.They can tweet and twerk and do whatever they want and I wish them well.I really wish some of them,not all,knew how stupid they really are.Time will tell.

Let em have it,as long as they leave me alone.I'm gonna sit on my porch and enjoy the rest of my life.I got sense enough to know that I have lived more of it than I have left.They can tweet and twerk and do whatever they want and I wish them well.I really wish some of them,not all,knew how stupid they really are.Time will tell.

Its only going to get worse. Have you been following these Hipster BBQ "Kickstarter" companies? I personaly refuse to "back" them.

How do you think Facebook and all these social media companies got started. No thanks.

Back