THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

flem0061

Knows what a fatty is.
We hit a high of 15 degrees yesterday but it seems I had two excuses to whip up some wings - there's a throwdown I might have to enter, and it was quite a big day for football fans here in MN.

My wife was out and about and sent a text asking if we needed anything from Sam's Club. One word response getting straight to the point -"Wings". She understands this need and picked up the big pack. My attention is all over the place on the weekends with too much to do and a 7 and 8 year old to keep after so I like to play it safe with wings on the grill. I normally brine the wings for a couple hours to start, thus reducing the risk of drying out when I'm busy accomplishing other things on the honey-do list.
IMG_3295.JPG
To keep the mess to a minimum, I brined right in the package.
IMG_3296.JPG
There was plenty of work to do while they sat, including shoveling a path to the pit.
IMG_3297.jpg
IMG_3298.jpg
Rinsed, patted dry and oiled, they were ready for some Myron Mixon's only rub without the salt.
IMG_3299.jpg
IMG_3300.jpg
I usually go indirect with kbb or RO, this time I had the end of a bag of each. Distributed to the side of the 26" kettle with a few chunks of apple wood.
IMG_3301.jpg
Bottom vent closed to a sliver and top vent open wide, it held solid at 275; let her chuff along for an hour or so in the snow.
IMG_3302.jpg
My path was covered but not much longer to go. I like to mostly leave them be, only turning to see whether I'm getting my telltale stickiness on the skin and they're ready for the sauce. This time I went with the bottom drags of some Franks mixed in with Baby Ray's (My daughter's favorite!)
IMG_3305.jpg
IMG_3309.jpg
In for a closer shot while the sauce cooked in, bubbling while thinning and encasing each golden deliciousness with a little sweet 'n heat:
IMG_3306.jpg
After hiding a few in the fridge to rescue for my lunch today, the rest didn't last until the end of that crazy game last night.
IMG_3312.JPG

I have that same grill setup in Maroon.Old style . Your wings look Tastee,much more palatable than that game was( for me).Good luck from here on.Y'all are gonna need it!!!

Back