THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ECB for sure.
Although I do love my ECB and still cook on it from time to time (did my Thanksgiving HAM on it!) I still only paid $15 for mine used off of CL and then had to modify it.

I wouldn't pay $50 for it.

Thats what I thought, but I figured I'd run it by everyone here.

Someone actually gave me one of those brinkmann smokers (new) before. I tried to use it but it was terrible. even knew it was bad then, before I knew anything about smoking.

I found a website that shows how to mod it to make it work ok, but I figured it wasn't worth the effort.

I keep waiting to find a WSM on CL for low $$$.

Thanks!

I have a bran new one in the box someone gave me. Im still trying to figure out what I can make out of it.

How about a lamp:becky: Seriously, I had a Brinkmann bullet style smoker that I bought probably 20 plus years ago and didn't actually get rid of it until last year. I cooked some decent Q on it and it was certainly durable. Not sure they build'em that way any more.

Brinkmann Smoke N Grill. Definitely. I wouldnt waste the gas to go get it, much less pay them for it. JMHO.

Last edited:
That isn't worth $5 let alone $50. I just threw mine away after I finished with my UDS. It literally eats charcoal up in large quantities! That open bottom design wasn't a good design. Step away and don't look at it any longer.

the open bottom smoke-n-grill is junk. the closed bottom gourmet is the best whole chicken cooker I have found. Water smoking a bird is killer. both of those smokers have the guage on the side of the lid. I have been using the gourmets for about 15 years now and have never seen a guage on the top and the top handle isnt right.
if you do all the mods to a gourmet, it's a sweet smoker for the old price of $59. maybe not for the new price of $99 though

I have an ecb and use it for cooking my abt's
Free would be a good price nothing more.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Back