THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a line up of sauces for Pulled pork and I use a Different one on each samich I eat I like to spread the love around, life is too short ta dance with 1 partner.

First up is my version of a Lexington dip, then there is Roxies Mustard, Shack attack, my TX Red, Mike Mills sauce,and a recent addition is Griffin's.

Blu's Tx Red

1/4 cup Cider Vinegar
1/2 cup Ketchup
1/2 cup Water ( Sub Beer if desired)
3 tbl Brown sugar
1 tea sp Chili Powder
1 tea sp Salt
1/2 tea sp Black Pepper
1 Table sp Diablo jalapeno Mustard ( Sub 3 rings Pickled Jalapeno fine mince & yellar mustard)
pinch of Cayenne or to taste

Disolve the salt and sugar in the Vinegar/ Water add remaining ingredients whisk to combine and bottle let stand 2-3 hrs.

Blu's Lexington Dip
tip'n my hat to Lexington Tx Forgive me Ms Tootsie

Ingredients

1 cup ketchup
1 cup cider vinegar
3 Tbl Brown sugar
2 Tbl Worcestershire
1 Tbl Mustard
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Red pepper flake
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Citrtc acid

Put everything but the ketchup in a pot and bring it to a simmer for 15 min allow to cool whisk in the ketchup.

axebuilder-albums-miscellaneous-picture52670-holy-thread-resurrection-batman.jpg

I use slaw sometimes, other times not. My slaw is closer to a Japanese Tsukemono, that is to day, sugar and vinegar cured and slightly fermented. No mayo.

I use all manner of sauces from a real North Carolina vinegar based version, to a very California fruit based sauce. Pork is so versatile.

Yep. I always slaw my sandwiches. No mayo in mine either, and I prefer to actually make my slaw a couple days in advance if possible. I do add oil though. How do you ferment yours, Bob? I find that interesting.

I wish I could get some of the sauce that I grew up with. It was at Gibson's BBQ on South Memorial Parkway in Huntsville, Alabama in the 60's. I remember it as a thin vinegar sauce with a little heat.

Back