THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robalo1

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Hello everyone, It's my first post. I have been a lurker for a while and appreciate all the ideas and discussions on the board.

I have a 7 year old Klose 20x42 backyard smoker. When I bought it they said to spray the outside with peanut oil. I haven't kept up with that, but was thinking about starting. I am curious what you guys do to keep your steel smokers looking good.

Planning my first cook of the season in a few weeks with pics. Hopefully I can pull it all off.

I used pam . While it was warm I would wipe the outside down I would do this every once in a while you don't have to go crazy a little goes a long way.

Crisco is nice to use too. Rub it on while the cooker is cooling down but still warm. Gives a nice patina once it builds up a bit.

Thanks for the replies! Will it ever "season" like a cast iron skillet, or will it be sticky?

I gotta try that cooking in the snow sometime, maybe get some blankets for my smoker:thumb:

Back