THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So a Chicago deep dish made with pizza dough and without eggs is a???

It is a Chicago deep dish.. A "pizza' in itself... but its not a NY pizza..

2 different animals.. i love both and can live on either..

but that does not mean i dont abuse the chicago guys for their pizza pastry and they dont abuse me for my cracker pizza. :mrgreen:

its a never ending battle I have with my Chicago friends. We abuse the hell out of each other, but will never turn down either. I did have a lot if fun abusing the wait staff at Malinatis. :tongue:

BTW.. I did give nod to FWIsmoker that i would have settled on deep dish pizza UNTIL he added the raw eggs.. at that poing, IMO, it became a quiche.

here was my interpretation of a Chicago deep dish, but I used NY style pizza dough. i think chicago style dough is more of a biscuit/flaky type dough.

Attachments

• IMG_20160710_185132747.jpg
    IMG_20160710_185132747.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 67
It is a Chicago deep dish.. A "pizza' in itself... but its not a NY pizza..

2 different animals.. i love both and can live on either..

but that does not mean i dont abuse the chicago guys for their pizza pastry and they dont abuse me for my cracker pizza. :mrgreen:

its a never ending battle I have with my Chicago friends. We abuse the hell out of each other, but will never turn down either. I did have a lot if fun abusing the wait staff at Molinaros. :tongue:

BTW.. I did give nod to FWIsmoker that i would have settled on deep dish pizza UNTIL he added the raw eggs.. at that poing, IMO, it became a quiche.

LOL, different parts of the country are so damn adamant about what something constitutes to be their local cuisines...just like what makes up a Chicago hotdog for example. I can definitely see New Yorkers drawing a line in the sand on pizza! :grin: I'd love to eat some official NY ZA's sometime!

Again since I REFUSE to eat quiche I'll stay disillusioned and call it BP like millions of others. :mrgreen:

I would only disagree with one thing...

It seems from the pics also that yours REQUIRED to be cooked a pan also.. not on a stone or flat pan. Pizzas dont have walls, theyre flat.

Only because of... Lou Malnati's, Gino's East, Pizzeria Uno, Giordano's... AKA Chicago Deep Dish & stuffed pizzas.

But the main thing to remember is...

the decision was made BY THE TD MODERATORS that it was not a pizza, but a quiche..

keep in mind.... moderators decision are final..

Isn't the first time someone was told no and I'm sure it won't be the last time. :deadhorse:

Although that "Apple Dessert Pizza" that was mentioned... :twisted: :roll: :loco:

I would only disagree with one thing...

Only because of... Lou Malnati's, Gino's East, Pizzeria Uno, Giordano's... AKA Chicago Deep Dish & stuffed pizzas.

But the main thing to remember is...

Isn't the first time someone was told no and I'm sure it won't be the last time. :deadhorse:

Although that "Apple Dessert Pizza" that was mentioned... :twisted: :roll: :loco:

True.. the deep dish is another pizza, but we from NY will never readily admit to that. We call it Pizza quiche. :drama::bow::wacko:

True.. the deep dish is another pizza, but we from NY will never readily admit to that. We call it Pizza quiche. :drama::bow::wacko:
See all of us from different neck of the woods are too damn stubborn what we call some foods! lol

Chicago would call deep dish pizza... pizza all day long and twice on Tuesdays.

"What differentiates a breakfast pizza from a quiche?"
For me, a breakfast pizza, just like any other pizza, has sauce, cheese, and toppings.A mixture of "eggs, hash browns, sauteed mushrooms & onions, cheddar cheese, center cut bacon and more cheddar cheese", that's an omelet, even when you put it on bread.

"What differentiates a breakfast pizza from a quiche?"
For me, a breakfast pizza, just like any other pizza, has sauce, cheese, and toppings.A mixture of "eggs, hash browns, sauteed mushrooms & onions, cheddar cheese, center cut bacon and more cheddar cheese", that's an omelet, even when you put it on bread.
I don't want dinner for breakfast, that's why people put breakfast items in them and call them pizzas. Just google breakfast pizza...I'm not alone. lol

I don't want dinner for breakfast, that's why people put breakfast items in them and call them pizzas. Just google breakfast pizza...I'm not alone. lol
I've enjoyed making a pizza with white sauce, Swiss cheese, ham, onion and several eggs on top for breakfast. More often, I just do a white sauce and cheese pizza with the eggs.

I've enjoyed making a pizza with white sauce, Swiss cheese, ham, onion and several eggs on top for breakfast. More often, I just do a white sauce and cheese pizza with the eggs.
So eggs on top are ok but not broken yokes? Yes I like white cheese sauces sometimes.

I'm tired of it also, Believe you me.

It was a serious question/post but I should have known better it was a bad idea. My bad. :doh:

Someone please hit me over the head with a chair.

I haven't been participating in the throwdowns very long, but I've seen various entries squashed for various different reasons. They're not picking on anyone. Just using their judgement on what they think is fair. Maybe you agree or maybe not. Just say bummer and move on. There will be another new throwdown in two weeks that you can enter.

I've had eggs on a pizza off and on since 1973. With other toppings, on top of a crust, sauce, and cheese. Nothing new here. Other breakfast items on a pizza are fruit and vegetables.

Not sure if I should chime in here or not......take this as a good-natured ribbing....

It's not the pies, pastries, cakes, etc. or what goes on them.....

....it's the person who consumes.....

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Real-Men-Dont-Eat-Quiche/dp/0671448315"]Real Men Don't Eat Quiche: Bruce Feirstein, Lee Lorenz: 9780671448318: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

968474._UY435_SS435_.jpg

I tried to make a quiche one time on the kettle.....had to turn in my man card....

7-24-20111stFattie043.jpg

Back