Westmont, IL Red, White, and BBQ - a new wrinkle?

That's why I figured it'd be all Sunday? And I never remember them letting us in Thursday. Guess we didn't have the password:wink:

All you need to do is ask Dann. They always allowed teams to come early. They can't guarantee security I am sure. But the police are there.

Hell we don't care about security. We asked last year and were told no but I'll try again this year. We got in pretty early friday last time. Helps to live close by

I'd like to see awards both days. That way when I bomb the first contest I can change everything for the second to ensure that bomb that one as well :cry: I hope for my wifes sake we do decent in at least one or she might hop the train back to Grand Rapids....apparently I'm not the best travel companion after we get bad judges :wink:

I can almost 100% guarantee it will be 2 awards. I will also push hard for awards earlier on Sunday.

If teams had a choice, what is the ideal time for awards on Saturday? My guess is 5:00.

How are they going to do meat check in? Would suck to have to get inspected Sat morning when you got category on the grill, but waiting till after brisket on Sat could be run pretty late after 72 get inspected?

This sounds absolutely miserable, Dave being there just adds to the misery.

5 at the latest for awards. Meat inspections would be best first thing Saturday I think. What I wouldn't want to see is someone coming around at 11 or 11:30 to check it. I'd say either before 10am or after 1:30. I have people that can handle that so I'm not too worried about that.

I hope you come over for both 9:22s :becky:

I would agree with not being able to do it on Friday because we could in theory start marinading or whatever before the other contestants got there. Great job with this Scottie. Love being able to add another contest without adding another trip somewhere. This will allow us to get to 10 comps for the first time this year.

I was figuring we should get mixed reviews on the concept. I also love my vacation days and each one I burn is a contest lost. While I may not have the final say (I am officially a consultant so someone doesn't say I had influce in the outcome) I do offer the best ways to treat and handle teams. Once its BBQ weekend, I take off my committee hat and let them run it. I am then in cook mode.

I'm all for it, be nice if we had all 8 boxes so we could build them all at once.

Didn't your daughter use to build boxes Scottie?

Yes, they both do. They have built many 1st place and GC boxes... ;). And those weren't even for my team!!!

How are they going to do meat check in? Would suck to have to get inspected Sat morning when you got category on the grill, but waiting till after brisket on Sat could be run pretty late after 72 get inspected?

This sounds absolutely miserable, Dave being there just adds to the misery.

Corey, just saw the note. Just because I'm a home town team doesn't mean you need to worry. Did I happen to mention I know all the best bars in town! :grin:

Back