Went back to the XL BGE - Couldn't help myself

Sweet!

I'd really like to get a new dome for mine, the taller style just looks like it would be a better choice. Let me know if you find any difference.

It's much better. I have cooked on both and have the new style now and it's a great improvement. Especially for baking. But overall it just cooks much more like the large egg now.

gotta dig the big ceramics. There are only three in my family and it's my favorite size. Lot's of flexibility and capacity when needed. Can also squeeze it down for the shorter grilling cooks. Coolest thing about the big ceramics is the ability to do two heat zones on a single grid with minimal effort.

thanks and enjoy the CGS stuff.

t

Thanks to all so far....

Here's my lunch snack... Beef Back ribs cooked at about 260-265 for 4 hrs. I used Oakridge Black Ops rub on these.... excellent stuff. Mix of post oak and cherry chunks

Butt is at 177 right now...

Attachments

• 20150613_134745_resized.jpg
    20150613_134745_resized.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 69
Great choice! Like you, I've cooked on quite a few different "cookers"...wasn't until 1 day a couple of years ago, that I said to myself, "what is the deal with those crazy ceramic eggs, seems everyone that has one just raves about it!" Well, needless to say, I sold a couple of cookers and bought a Kamado Joe Big Joe...hands down the best overall cooking experience I have ever had. I sold the farm, and now have 2 KJ Big Joe's and 1 Blackstone griddle. Between those 3, I can't think of any cooking need that I cannot easily meet :)

Back