THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
I started my weekend early and took Friday off and did some "clean out the fridge n' freezer cookin'!

Started out with two 9 lb. Picnics and rubbed them with some Millenium Rub from Bob Lyon and Paul Kirk jacked up with some of Freds Music Southern rub.

IMG_0417.jpg

Along with some Rib-Tips in Redrum with Kingsford and a Oak/Hickory smoke. Finished off in the MINI.

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0442_1.jpg

Thighs and Legs were .88 lb at Albertsons, so I gave the MINI a shot of K and Apple and used Johnny's "Its Magic" on 10 untrimmed thighs and let it do its thing.

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

Notice those rock hard temps? We don't need no stinking ball valves!

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

Fired up the Egg and did some Legs in the rack.

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

Brined some Alaskan Sockeye Salmon and smoked in the Little Chief with Apple and Alder

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

I have a Creamy Smoked Salmon Fettucine recipe adapted from the Silver Palate that is a killer!

Back to the Drums- Angus Beef Choice Short Ribs, Lawrys Italian Garlic Steak in the Foodsaver Marinator overnight, rubbed with Plowboys Bovine Bold over Kingsford and Oak Wine chunks in the MINI.

IMG_0433_1.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

Smoked then wrapped in foil with Apple juice

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

The bones just fall off and after the cartilage is trimmed the meat was moist, tender and very flavorful!

IMG_0473.jpg

Nice little smoke ring!

IMG_0476.jpg

More Thighs-this time on Redrum, untrimmed, with Johnny's poultry seasoning over K and Pear for smoke.

IMG_0470.jpg

Nothin' fancy!

IMG_0471.jpg

Sunday started out with two water soaked Corned Beef flats for Pastrami!
They hit Redrum with a Red Oak/Hickory smoke.

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

Sorry-no pics of the finished product- me, Hogman, Sam and my daughter sampled some and it kinda slipped my mind.
I got some yardwork done and really enjoyed the time.
My son stopped by and we had a rare family meal of Creamy Smoked Salmon pasta, salad, broccoli and garlic bread.

Dayum bro...that's quite the feast! Nice job on the short ribs...looks like I need to go back to the drawing board! :cool:

That sure is a lot of grocieries there swamprb... :shock: Gives a whole new meaning to a "Smoke - a - Thon". But Damned if it don't all look GREAT! Think you could deliver just a hop skip and a jump to the east?

Holy smokes Brian, you flat got after it! You have a long weekend courtesy of Ron SIms this week too dont ya? Might give you time to make up some chili before the Sergeant Major finds out

Holy smokes Brian, you flat got after it! You have a long weekend courtesy of Ron SIms this week too dont ya? Might give you time to make up some chili before the Sergeant Major finds out

I'm working the holday weekends -then that cash gets squirreled away for my vacation fund-taking 4+weeks off in July and August.

Awfully busy weekend,if ya ask me. Everything looks great though.

How much 'coal did ya wind up using??

Half a bag of Kingsford and whatever was lump left in the Egg. I got 2 cooks on the MINI basket and only used 2 chimneys for the Redrum cooks. Small charcoal rings make them more efficient.

Back