THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gotta get a few gut bombs when I get into town. Especially after having a few beers while sitting in the back seat of the truck on the way up from just south of you about 15-20 miles.

My sister and her hubby have a trailer in Lakeview ... just like everyone else in Black Hawk county. I can be found either on the river or at the Winny (unless it's hotter than hell, then we'll be at the Lakeview since it has air)

Do they have one of them tree hut mobile homes?
Haven't been to the winny in a couple years. Do they still have the barbers chair for late night rides? Some of the best yuks to be had is watchin em load boats Sun. afternoon from their deck.
Puts me in mind of alot of fun from way back. Used to haul the boat up there every other weekend.

" gotta ask, what are gut bombs?"
Steamed burgers wit/onions. Sloppy, tasty handfulls of heaven.
ModelMaker

What's a tree hut trailer? One of these you can park under? If so, no. Lakeview is high enough and it's not on the main channel.
I don't think I've even seen the barber chair - I've been there at least once a year the past 3 summers ... of course never sober

Grilling 32 pieces of chix for another daughter's birthday tomorrow. Not sure what's on tap for Sunday, but I'm off next week and I've been told that I have several things lined up throughout the week. Including a butt, tirkey, pork and beef rib dinner. We'll be doing that personal grilled pizza party that I wanted to try during a back to school thingy my daughters are throwing this week, I'll try to get pics of that event.

Oh God JD! You gotta be about a giddy as a school girl! I predict a good weekend in your future!

Yep...I'm lookin' forward to it. Called my wife 3 times today to remind her to pick up the apple chunks on her way home. LOL! I'm very curious as to how they will compare to bb's.

JD

I've got 2 racks full of drummies in the Egg right now and will follow with some ABT's for happy hour.

Well, drumsticks are chilled out in the fridge. And the second part of the plan worked out pretty good too. Caught a buzz and had good snacks to boot.

DSC03267a.jpg

Well Bobby I think we are going to do a practice cook this weekend for a comp. we're doing in Harrisonville at the end of the month. On the menu is about 12 thighs, 1 brisket, a couple slabs of Babybacks (PSF) and a log of our sausage we make. Trying a new marinade on the ribs, chicken and brisket. Pretty excited to play mad chemist. Three different meats, three different marinades.

Randy,
Call me when it's ready and I'll jump on my bike and come over to judge everything. Have the beer on ice!

I just got everything ready to go for the cook. Meat is all prep'd, smoker and accessories are set up and the kitchen is clean. Just got 90 minutes to kill before firing the Party up.

I'm not cooking Chit and I dont like it, have t work all weekend and all next week. That the price to have next weekend off from Thursday to Tuesday with no vacation taken.

Back