THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cirk

is One Chatty Farker
I got a free weber otg and I would like to add a rotisserie, the weber brand I get free shipping on amazon and they are both 139$. Any reason I should pay the shipping and go with the Cajun?

Not sure if there's a difference. Both are similar, and both companies have great customer service. I have the CB and love it, but I got it on the same order with their kettle conversion kit so it was essentially shipping free at that particular time.

I have the CB. When I got mine, it was cheaper than the Weber. I am very happy with it.

The only significant difference that I can see is the material used to make them. Te Weber is enameled steel, and the CB is SS.

CD

I would go with the Cajun Bandit. If you ever decide to get a WSM, the Cajun Bandit ring can be reversed for using your rotisserie on the WSM. I have one with a E Z-Que and I love. JM2CW.

I am only familiar with the Weber, but I'm sure the CB is fine. Either way, you are going to love it, I use mine all the time!

rotiss.jpg

If I had to do it over I would get the CB as it fits better and can be flipped to use on my UDS. Weber has a HUGE gap as it is much smaller than kettle. That being said still works fine at 300+

Good thread I've been trying to decide between the two myself. Not to hijack but I have a rotisserie for my genesis does anyone know if I can use that with the weber or cb ring?

well, i don't have a cb. i do have weber unit and it works as it should.
for me it becomes a use issue plus a cost issue. why worry about flipping if you aren't going to use that ? i got my weber unit for $50. occasionally they show up on craigslist. its yer money so thats what you need to consider.

I don't have a UDS or WSM and don't plan on getting either in the near future my LbGE is all the smoker I need. So I think the weber one should suit me fine. As always you guys rock and thanks for helping!

I have the CB and love it!!! I really like the ring being stainless rather than enameled steel... Worth a little extra IMO

Back