THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Ever vigilant, the Weber Rescue League sprung into action, saving another fine pit from certain doom!

This time we rescued a "Webber smoker" posted on craigslist for $30.

Brethren, I must confess, Grill Decency Agent Swamprb nearly had a chit hemorhage when this beauty scrolled by! Ever the frugal bastidge, I E-mailed and offered $40 for it!

100_2665.jpg

Oh Yeah! It even came with a heavy vinyl cover!

100_2664.jpg

It has an "N" date stamp which was manufactured in 1991, the wood handle is in great shape considering its age and Pacific Northwest climate!

100_2668.jpg

The cook grates are rusty and will be replaced, but I think I can handle that, the guy only took $30 for it! Ka-ching Ka-ching!

This was not included in the "Seattle Weber Report" for obvious reasons!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=657553&postcount=1

Grill Decency Agent Swamprb, signing out!

I'm waiting on a guy to call me back about a WSM for 50 bucks near Austin. I'm letting my brother pick it up and keep it. Only thing is I guess he doesn't want to sell it to bad cause after we exchanged emails and he gave me his number he hasn't returned my call to see what kind of shape it is in and where it is located so he can go pick it up. Some times i hate dealing with Craiglisters.

Wow, that is a great deal. I love my WSM, for $30 I'd buy all I could! You guys all have me scanning the local Craiglist daily.

I keep searching CL in my area but the only "BBQ" realted stuff that keeps popping up is cheap ol' gas grills.:roll: I'll keep on searching though in hopes I find a good egg or kamado.

These people in Dallas must do investigation before selling as I never see great scores like that!!

some folks just have all the luck. i been looking for over a year and nothing close by. yep, i hate folks that don't return emails or calls. just rude.

I try to check CL daily. Got lots of good stuff cheap...but not 30 bucks cheap for a bullet. Nice score! Keep up the faith.

Back