THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If there is any rust on it it is plated.

I just scrubbed the chit out of it and it's looking good. No rust. Just seasoning stains. I am guessing it is stainless. But whether it's stainless or not it will work fine. Thanks for the heads up. You just saved me $20-30!

It would be crazy to put custom Marty Leach handles on this $20 grill right? Right?

I keep seeing all these great posts with pics...and was thinking....

I just realized I am asking the completely wrong audience...:decision:

Well...the magnet stuck. But whatever it is I cleaned it up enough that it's fine to use. Will be returning the 22.5" plated grate for now. The charcoal grate was in good shape as well. Cleaned that up with a wire brush. And you all were right about how easy the rust came off the bottom. I did a moderate clean up tonight since I won't have much time over the weekend. She's in pretty good shape. Took the wood handle off my mini wsm smokey Joe and swapped them for now.

I soak my wood handles in a good wood oil about twice a year. My EZ-Up collapsed on my red Master's Touch last week, and broke one handle, but I was able to glue and clamp it and you can't tell it was ever broken.

Keep your cooking grates hanging in the garage, and they will last for years.

I have a Porter Cable professional car polisher, and use it about twice a year to shine mine up. It's a sickness. I think I love my red Weber more than my dog.

CD

I soak my wood handles in a good wood oil about twice a year. My EZ-Up collapsed on my red Master's Touch last week, and broke one handle, but I was able to glue and clamp it and you can't tell it was ever broken.

Keep your cooking grates hanging in the garage, and they will last for years.

I have a Porter Cable professional car polisher, and use it about twice a year to shine mine up. It's a sickness. I think I love my red Weber more than my dog.

CD

That is a great idea on the handles CD. What type of wood oil do you use? I never really thought about what type of wood they are made of.

Googling car polisher next....

Back