THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lol this is getting comical. Bash away, bash away.

Like I said before the OP is looking at a Weber G II LX model. So no rose colored glasses here. Just looking at a well built product with a great warranty and replacement parts readily available. I know your a BK fan and that's cool to each there own. I understand your feelings about them making a couple models in China "Which still have a stellar warranty". But is it really fair to claim these models inferior without you ever owning one or have cooked on one ? Only time will tell if there new models will hold up "Not all Weber models are made in China". But with there reputation I wouldn't hesitate to pull the Trigger on a Weber. How long have they been around ?

The Gen II LX starts at $1,050 for a two burner grill with no sear station. The warranty changes were put and takes, but anytime they cut major component part warranties in half that's not good.

I have two Weber's, so please don't accuse me of bashing.

The new line was a major increase in price with, at best, a minimum increase in performance. In many cases the performance is not as good as the previous model.

I think Weber needs to refocus on making great products at a more reasonable price. You can already find discounts of hundreds of dollars on the new models - means they aren't selling.

I want Weber to continue to do well - I've been around their grills for my entire life.

For the same $1,100 MSRP I would take this 10 times over the Gen II LX:

https://www.bbqguys.com/item_item_2943294.html

Maybe I am not understanding you, are you saying they recently cut there warranties in half? That Napoleon is a nice grill.

Edit: Nevermind please don't answer that question. Good luck smokinbuddha on finding a good grill.

Last edited:
I'm looking to buy a new Weber grill and found this site. I want to know if they are legit.

https://www.sharperauctions.net

Hi I'm new here, but am in the same boat as you, and same market too.

I have a 13 year old Genesis Gold that could be rehabbed, but I want to switch to something newer and bigger. I'm looking at the S-440 or the SE-410.

I think I'm going with the S440, and it probably doesn't make financial sense, but I really like the look and feel of the grill. I like the option of the side burner, look of the hood and cabinet. Lit knobs and high+ burners.

I called the guy from Sharperauctions a few weeks ago since I was starting my grill search and debating about Summits and the Genesis II series. He seems pretty straightforward, has a showroom, but isn't an official dealer. He will get you a new in box grill with a $50 deposit, deliver and set up and collect at that point. He also discounts significantly off of MAP. I'm probably going to go with him when I order my grill.

I went to a showroom and looked at the Napoleons and Summits. They're both nice grills. I found the Napoleons to look a little fussy to me. I didn't examine the whole line online. The ones they carried were in line with the Summits as far as pricing and a bit above the LX series Webers. I see now the others out there in the price bracket of the LX Genesi.

I think I'm buying into the Weber nostalgia a bit, and maybe it should be priced $150 or so cheaper on the LX series, but it does seem like a nice well put together grill.
I personally think there are 2 real problems with this roll out
1) the propane tank shroud sucks, everyone who wants to find fault with the new "chinese produced weber" looks at that and can make a full on judgement about the grill from this flimsy piece of sheetmetal.

2) the open cart vs cabinet design this year to last year is causing controversy. The base 3 burner grill didn't really go up in price at $699. They just removed the cabinet. If you want a side burner now, its packaged with other stuff and the pricing for that jumped. The differences in features make up for some of the increase, but not all. the S340 is at about $1300 compared to an S330 last year at $950. you get individual burner ignition, lighted knobs, a grill light over last year, and the new burner design etc. The High+ is offset by the sear burner. In my mind, it should be at $1050 or $1100.

I tried posting a reply and it got lost. I called the guy from SharperAuctions a few weeks ago. He seems on the up and up somewhat. he's not a standard weber dealer. He has access to a buying group and can buy them at a discount, and sell to you. He has a showroom. He takes payment when everything is done and was offering a decent discount off of MAP on the grills I got a quote on, an SE-410, S-440, Summit S670 all delivered and assembled.

I looked at Napoleon in a showroom, probably the Prestige. The seem high quality if it meets what you want.
Personally, I liked the Weber S-440 for what I want. I just liked the styling and feel of the Weber better. I still might come to my senses and get the SE-410. It seems like a good value.

Last edited:
Wow

From the video Broil King made on youtube.

Broil King® - Imperial™ Series - YouTube Start at 4:49

Wow....this thread has opened my eyes.

I really didn't know there were other gassers of merit other than Weber. I've not had a gas grill in so long, I'd not really looked at them.

I've seen the Broil King at Lowes/Home Depot I think...I was just assuming they were el-cheapo grills, but if/when I ever go for a gas grill, I'll definitely give BK and that Napoleon brand a serious look and research!!

Cayenne

I bought a Broilmaster P3 with SS cart in 1996.

Still have it. Replaced the SS burner for the first time 4 years ago. Not because it was broken, but was showing signs of wear and some ports were clogged.

Its still going strong.. No rust, nothing broken. Parts are readily available form many sources, including amazon.

There slogan back then was "Buy your last Grill today"

seems i did.. :)

google Broilmaster P3. Plenty of info out there.

Warranty info;

BROILMASTER WARRANTY INFORMATION
LIMITED LIFETIME AGAINST RUST-THROUGH

Aluminum Grill Housing (except paint), Stainless Steel Rod Cooking Grids, Stainless Steel Griddle, Cast Stainless Steel or Porcelain-Coated Cast Iron Cooking Grids (Special Order Only), Select Stainless Steel Components – Cart, Mounting, Bowtie Burner, Side Burner (DPSBSS), Side Burner Housing, and Warming Rack, Stainless Steel Built-in Components – Built-in Kit for P3/H3 Grill Head, Door Kit, Tilt-Out LP Tank Door, and Vent Register Kit
10 YEARS AGAINST RUST-THROUGH
H-Series Stainless Steel Burner, Side Burner (DPASBC), Side Burner Housing (BSA)
5 YEARS AGAINST RUST-THROUGH
Infrared Burners on R3 and R3B, Flare Buster Ceramic Flavor Enhancers, Painted Electro-Galvanized Steel Components, Stainless Steel Smoker Shutter
2 YEARS AGAINST RUST-THROUGH
Porcelain Coated Steel Briquette Racks, Chrome-Plated Warming Rack, Stainless Steel Flavor Screen, Stainless Steel Heat Shield
1 YEAR AGAINST RUST-THROUGH
Valves, knobs, ignitors, labels, hoses, fittings and all other parts and accessories – including those made from stainless steel and painted steel – unless specified above, Paint on aluminum grill head

If you didn't buy your Weber grill from an authorized dealer, would Weber honor the warranty?

You'd have to ask weber. I've seen people on these boards get warranty parts on grills they purchased 2nd hand and registered (which isn't really with Weber's 1st owner policy). I'd assume they would, but might want to ask directly.

Another dealer I know has offered me better pricing than MAP is Bravo Window and door in Copague. They are an Alliance dealer and have a decent amount on the floor.

Just Arrived - Summit E-670

Delivered, set up, and grilled my First Rib Eye - cut like butta!!!

Bought Direct from Weber using a promotion they are running, couldn't pass up the savings - trying to to find a new home for my 2003 Silver Genesis

Who can recommend to me the best product among those in the list on this site? https://bestoffsetsmokers.com/best-weber-grills/

All of those are kind of "best of's" in their category. Do you want a grill or a smoker? You can smoke on a kettle, but the WSM has more capacity and some would argue that it's easier to control.

Do you want gas or charcoal ? If gas, do you want something with a larger footprint to sit out back on the patio ? Or do you want something smaller and portable ?

Back