THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not to hijack your thread.
My genesis was bought in '93. Everything is good except the frame. Anyone know about rebuilding the frames?
Sorry for the sidebar. Good luck with the refirb.

See if you can find a used one on Craigslist. Between the two grills, you might be able to get one re-built grill and a few spare parts. I picked a 1000 up for $20 (needed parts, but was still a bargain).

Other than that, you might find yourself building something (sorta like the Egg-heads do).

I think that silver ring is the rotisserie ring.

ezque_ketle_ring1.jpg

Ahhh..... (banging head on wall) Thanks!

I love my Genesis, i don't know what model it is. Can anyone tell me? Pick it up for FREE on Craigslist about a year ago. Its the first gasses I have ever owned that the electric start button actually works!!

grill__small_729.jpg

i just found the tag with all the info on mine. its under but on the gas control panel. take the knobs off by wiggling them back and forth while pulling up. then unscrew the two sheet metal screws.

Brian, of all your Weber gassers, does one model jump out as a favorite, or just better?

One more question, what is that silver ring on the Performer kettle?

Thanks

100_1722.jpg

Free or Cheeeep are my favorite! Right now I'm in a holding pattern to decide if I want to keep the Purple "C" and swap lids with my Red "B". The gasser is really my wifes grill and she said she could care less if it had the sideburner or not!

Well-I upgraded again! the Purple "C" is now on my deck with the Red lid swapped out and I sold the Genesis "B" and it was wearing a Purple lid and it went with the Purple kettle! Anyone confused yet?

I removed the lid and firebox and used a wire wheel and took off any flaking paint and corrosion and used BBQ Paint.

Back