THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Ok so starting a more formal thread around putting together this new Weber I just bought because some people, who shall remain anonymous and are just enablers, talked me into this.......with very little effort :twitch:.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292487

Was looking at Nexgen, but after a Costco stop and with the wife wanting to grill some more she twisted my arm by saying "well if I'm using it too just get the weber and stop overanalyzing this" (love that woman).

Few more picks of getting it home, thawing some meat.

m6I9w8Ll.jpg

8FlznGZl.jpg

ZKV9Agkl.jpg

So place you bets everyone. Someone set the under/over line. Reviews say anywhere from 2-5hrs to put together. So keep in mind this is me, I have beer and will be watching the US Open all day while my tiny humans attempt to "help daddy" which should involve lots of screaming and crying........from all of us :shock:
5UMZYOHl.png

Off to grab my backstreet boys official tool set and get to work :becky:. More to come! As of this post it is 12:54pm. Hopefully I get it put together to make dinner on it :caked:

So from 1st pick of the shark opening the box to getting done was 3hrs 45mins. Maybe slacked for like 30mins total.

I didn't fully install the iGrill deal other than putting on the main front iGrill device that hooks into the probes. There is a bunch of other crap you have to wire behind it, but for now I don't need the probes.

PmAJXL0l.jpg

Putting the frozen brisket on now in the living room and using some quality pellets.

qUt42kcl.jpg

I feel like i'm doing something wrong......nothing is happening.........
dzcOogcl.jpg

I opened your other thread about the next grill but didn't want to be a downer, went thru a bunch of cheap grills that I could have had the top of the line Weber if I had only known, hope ya have many happy years with it. ya done great

Congrats on the Weber! We had a second hand cheap gas grill but it never worked well, got the Genesis and never looked back!

And here I was thinking you gave the cold ber to the little humans. :doh:

I'll have to replace my Weber Spirit 320 next year. That looks like a good choice.

Thanks!

Good choice on the grill I am sure tiny humans were happy to offer their assistance You will love that gasser I just gave mine- probably 15yrs old to my son Had to buy new flavor bars for it as they were falling apart I hid mine from my Large BGE Jason so it did not get jealous I am going to miss it but I do not need to move it when we leave our house next week

Thanks for the replies folks. Was fun putting it together.

Anyone have opinions on the cover that come with the Weber grills and how they do if always exposed to the elements (covered always of course)?

I ask because this might sit out where it would get rained on. The backside of my house has a 2ft overhang of the 2nd story that keeps some of my cookers from getting pounded on during storms. I could keep it there too, but don't want to move it if I don't have to I guess.

Back