THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notorious Q.U.E.

is Blowin Smoke!
Hi Brethren,

It's hard to believe that we here in Denver are getting 8 inches of snow today, Thursday May 18, 2017!! I figured I'd start a thread of weather pics and BBQ pits. Here's a before and after pair of photos of my Shirley. If it wasn't a school night , I'd be firing up my coal bed right about now. It makes me think that I really could use an insulated firebox! Please post cool pics of just about anything cool or intriguing related to weather and BBQ!

Attachments

• IMG_4160.jpg
    IMG_4160.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_4179.jpg
    IMG_4179.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 410
Smoke ninja,

Great images! The winds are a trip on that one picture. Nice capture on the brisket twilight. Bbq gets me out to appreciate the finer things just like that. I love the stillness at 3am when I reload the charcoal basket or add a few sticks.

Nice to see a fellow Coloradoan on the forum! Had to fire up my indoor wood stove today to keep warm tonight. Crazy weather! But we will be Q-ing soon...

Speaking of great BBQ weather...as soon as the pool parts come in, I will be able to see this welcome sight again...

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 368
  • pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 365
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 365
Sometimes it snows and you can't grill or smoke

A54D0171-26D5-4E80-9700-60C3D7C88EAD_zpsrqklyfza.jpg

But for a little rain there's a solution.

5A7FE8B3-B449-4417-9EC7-8BC1CBAA92F5_zpsh6pbxqwm.jpg

Great fix stlsportster! I should get me a Rain shelter. It's still coming down by us with more snow today. At this rate, we may have 10 inches accumulation in 24 hours here in Denver. I keep looking at my wood rack as another proxy:

Attachments

• IMG_4181.jpg
    IMG_4181.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_4157.jpg
    IMG_4157.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 291
Very nice. I love those pocket heaters. A Vienna sausage still is something. Even though we're snowed in here in Denver, I reheated some St Louis spares from the weekend. I just got to wait till tomorrow when the fire will rage in the Shirley!!

Attachments

• IMG_4130.jpg
    IMG_4130.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 123
It seems like no matter what the weather is, my mini has no problem holding rock solid temps. I thought about getting a Guru for it and then I thought to myself, why. Why spend the money when it holds so good.

You can see the difference in the color of smoke. When I first start it up the snow isn't melted and the smoke is white. After about 30 min it's TBS and the snow is melted under it.

Grilling after a record snow in DC a couple of years ago... Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, mushrooms, and zucchini.

Attachments

• IMG_4010.jpg
    IMG_4010.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 109
Back