THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jtcannonball

Knows what a fatty is.
Then I found a guy locally selling a very clean and well cared for 18.5" WSM for $75 or best offer. We settled on $60. So I of course could not say no to that.

Just need a new handle. Might end up getting the Cajun Bandit door and handle anyway.

Anybody running a pre 2013 WSM have any tricks for running therm probes without the grommet?
a3586cb69d76b2e6f5017b6a586050b9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Anybody drill a hole in the door and place the grommet there to not mess with the coating on the smoker?

I run them under the lid. Doesn't affect smoke leakage but that may be too low tech for you lol
I really don't want to cut into the body of my smoker so if I do mod it than it will be the door I think as that's cheap to replace if it rusted.

I have just a couple cooks under my belt with a new WSM.....I can say without reservation that I'm really liking the Cajun Bandit door & handle.

My vote? Notch the rim and move on- grommets suck. But I'd also put a couple of handles on the barrel sides and tape the flimsy aluminum door shut.

:grin:

Back