THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stlsportster

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Parental Assigned Label
So a bit back Adams starts a thread about Hatch Chile prices. During the discussion, our buddy Pig_Farmer/Carl laments about his daughter stealing half of his stash and bringing it to STL.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4232134&postcount=23

So, being a smart ass I say. Have her bring me some. Carl PMs me and offers, I tell him I’m just joking.

So a couple days ago Carl sends me a PM and says, my kid is on her way back and she has a care package for you. Send me your info.

This afternoon, I meet up with Carl’s kiddo, Kala. And she hands me THIS stash.

View attachment 175486

Mixture of mild, medium, hot, and xtra hot.

Then Kala spends 10 minutes standing with me and my son, in 45 degree weather, making sure I know how to prepare them, gives me some pointers on use, and then says...have you ever had red chile’s?

Nope, so then after a short lesson, she says...when I get some red sauce prepared I’ll text ya and you can try it too!

Carl, you and Kala both are some of the finest. So much fun that she played along in our little game. Next time you come to town, beers are on me brother.

I can’t wait to try them out.

Last edited:
Brethren Standard.

Absolutely tops, Carl & Kala! BZ!

Can't wait to see what you do with those chiles, Joel.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Another reason why I love this site and hanging out with all of you! I'm excited to see what you come up with

Joel, I'm glad the handoff went well. Also, the girl can make some damn good red chile sauce. She didn't learn it from me. Lol. Enjoy the chile, and post some pics. And yes, the extra hot is pharking hot.

Joel, I'm glad the handoff went well. Also, the girl can make some damn good red chile sauce. She didn't learn it from me. Lol. Enjoy the chile, and post some pics. And yes, the extra hot is pharking hot.

No worry about the Xhot. She told me to mix them 50/50 with the mild to bring it down a notch. Also told me about the lime juice to keep them fresh and told me garlic salt is a must!

When she asked me about red Chile, I said yeah some of the hatch I got were red....duh.

Then I got educated on red chile too.

No worry about the Xhot. She told me to mix them 50/50 with the mild to bring it down a notch. Also told me about the lime juice to keep them fresh and told me garlic salt is a must!

When she asked me about red Chile, I said yeah some of the hatch I got were red....duh.

Then I got educated on red chile too.

I hope you enjoy it. And next time we're out that way I will definitely take you up on that beer. Also her boyfriend can forge some awesome knives. He made me a great brisket knife and made my son a beautiful cleaver.

Back