THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have gotten Brisket wins with Walmart select packers but feel better and have scored just as well with Prime. Wagyu was good to cook but it see no difference in the cash we win...ony the cash we laid out. Regardless of the meat "quality", it has to be cooked perfectly. If ANYONE wants to convince me they can CONSISTENTLY tell the difference between a Wagyu or Prime cooked the same way.....they are either sponsored or a Clinton voter.

do you think teams like gettinbasted, shake n bake, or clark crew just like spending money. They compete damn near every weekend and spend extreme amounts on wagyu. If they couldn't tell a difference in product between a $200 brisket and a $60 brisket that they'd blindly spend the extra $140? They cook Wagyu's because it's a better product, that gets them a better result. Not to say you can't win with a prime, choice, or select, but your chances of winning with Wagyu are higher (if you know how to cook them)

do you think teams like gettinbasted, shake n bake, or clark crew just like spending money. They compete damn near every weekend and spend extreme amounts on wagyu. If they couldn't tell a difference in product between a $200 brisket and a $60 brisket that they'd blindly spend the extra $140? They cook Wagyu's because it's a better product, that gets them a better result. Not to say you can't win with a prime, choice, or select, but your chances of winning with Wagyu are higher (if you know how to cook them)

I would never speak for those top cooks, but I can tell you that wagyu briskets will cook more consistent than any other type and I've been taught that consistency is the most important part of winning.

Tough pill to swallow, forking up the additional cash. Worth a try, at least.

When you order SRF packers, you select a weight range and they pick out your packer and overnight it to you? This how it works?

Tough pill to swallow, forking up the additional cash. Worth a try, at least.

When you order SRF packers, you select a weight range and they pick out your packer and overnight it to you? This how it works?

Overnight shipping is available, but you pay dearly for it. 9.99 is regular shipping. Their site had a shipping calendar for you to pick from. Basically, based on your zone, they ship to arrive mon-fri so that weekend sitting in a terminal doesn't happen. Never had one remotely close to starting to thaw

JMHO
All things being equal just cooking a backyard brisket with no injections ect. the Wagyu is going to be the best due to marbling, flavor and soft texture, think loin or backstrap tenderness.
However by the time you add injections and all kinds of other stuff for comps the difference becomes very minimal. In the last 12 months on six events we cooked a wagyu and a good prime and 5 times we turned in the prime, that day it just tasted better. But what do I know?

Could not load an image so hope this link works.

https://www.facebook.com/SmokinLone...260915968609/1358670747527614/?type=3&theater

Back