***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "On A Budget" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should be declared the winner of the BBQ Brethren "On A Budget" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It ain't over till it's over Al . CD CFS campaign in Q-Talk may still yield results. He's a crafty one. But Thanks Sir.

It was a delicious entry, but it was really an uphill battle. Still, he did find out that over 20% of Brethren think that fried food is BBQ. Great job CD! We'll have to see what the results are next time. :thumb:

It was a delicious entry, but it was really an uphill battle. Still, he did find out that over 20% of Brethren think that fried food is BBQ. Great job CD! We'll have to see what the results are next time. :thumb:

I'm a 20%'er. If a Man goes through the time to start a coal fire, it does not matter what he cooks on it. I never would have thought of CFS though but it sure looks good!

Sometimes it's hard to come up with new ideas and be creative. I think CD did a good job of that. :clap2:

It ain't over till it's over Al . CD CFS campaign in Q-Talk may still yield results. He's a crafty one. But Thanks Sir.

It's over Toast... Biggie's poll is closed and CD can't climb it any higher. :heh:

I don't understand the comparison. Within the Weber, the pizza or Dutch oven cobbler are exposed to an air medium filled with smoke. When you cook a pizza or cobbler in your pit, it tastes different than in your oven. If you are frying, the medium is hot oil. I personally cannot tell the difference if I fry over charcoal or over gas. You could argue that the charcoal-heated oil has absorbed some smoke also, in the form of liquid smoke. It seems to me that you're saying that if you add this

As far as I knew the Throwdowns never required it to be "authentic" BBQ, just cooked on the grill, and not even ALL of it, although I've noticed that seems to help. At least, it does for me when it comes voting time.

My cobblers aren't exposed to smoke really at all. It's sealed in a dutch oven with coals on top. There's smoke in the chamber (if I bother with a lid on, typically it's just in the kettle on the coals, with coals on top), but the medium's the dutch oven which is sealed, a lot more securely than an open pan on a grill. My pizzas don't taste any different in the oven or out really, but in all fairness I don't use any kind of wood when I cook pizzas on the stone in the Kettle. My family hates the taste, regardless of wood type used. :roll:

There might be some taste variation regardless honestly, but my palette just might not be able to pick it up. Or maybe I need to clean my oven...

Back