***Vote! BBQ Brethren "Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives" - Vote!***

***Vote! BBQ Brethren "Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives" - Vote!***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't we had so little participation. This TD had a wide range of possible entires. I literally looked in my fridge and freezer and saw the chorizo, googled Guy Fieri chorizo burger and there it was. DDD only has a million episodes. :noidea: :-D

Maybe this would be a good one for a month long throwdown. I could easily do 2 a week with all the awesome stuff I've seen on DDD. Heck, I squeezed two episodes in to one entry. 8)

Since i got crap for mentioning this, im going to put it out there BuffettFan's looks like it was cooked in an indoor garage.

Should probably be Dilly Bar'd.

Since i got crap for mentioning this, im going to put it out there BuffettFan's looks like it was cooked in an indoor garage.

Should probably be Dilly Bar'd.

Yep, in the garage, just inside the open overhead door.
Would me rolling the Blackstone 2 feet matter?
If so, gimme a DQ.
I won't cry about it.

Yep, in the garage, just inside the open overhead door.
Would me rolling the Blackstone 2 feet matter?
If so, gimme a DQ.
I won't cry about it.

I don't make the rules. If i had any say, we should beable to enter any cooking method. I would love to enter a deep fried turkey cooked in my garage.

FYI, im not targeting you. Its just i mentioned that most of the DDD stuff is cooked indoors, and i got laughed at for it.

I don't make the rules. If i had any say, we should beable to enter any cooking method. I would love to enter a deep fried turkey cooked in my garage.

FYI, im not targeting you. Its just i mentioned that most of the DDD stuff is cooked indoors, and i got laughed at for it.

***MODERATOR'S NOTE:***

The rules do NOT state anywhere that entries MUST be cooked outdoors, but rather, using outdoor type cookers and fuel sources:

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]4. Entries must be grilled or smoked during the cooking process, or must prominently feature grilled or smoked ingredients which you prepared. Photos of your food on the grill or smoker are encouraged but not required (we love action shots). Using a gas grill is perfectly acceptable, unless a particular category requires the use of a wood or charcoal cooker. Additionally, other forms of wood or gas cooking are fine, which would include a wood fired fireplace (indoor or outdoor), a firepit(gas or wood fired), and other gas/propane powered cookers like pizza ovens, flat tops, and griddles.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Even an indoor fireplace is acceptable. In other words...if you want to cook in your garage, as long as you are using a cooker or fuel that is designed for outdoor use you're good to go.
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]I'm now asking that the pot-stirring stop at this - we've addressed this issue before. It's getting OLD.
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Guy has featured a number of places here in CT, and I haven't been to any of them. There are a number of very old seafood shacks along the CT shoreline and the food served at these is WAY out of my skill set. Maybe in the Spring I'll visit a few.

***MODERATOR'S NOTE:***

The rules do NOT state anywhere that entries MUST be cooked outdoors, but rather, using outdoor type cookers and fuel sources:

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]4. Entries must be grilled or smoked during the cooking process, or must prominently feature grilled or smoked ingredients which you prepared. Photos of your food on the grill or smoker are encouraged but not required (we love action shots). Using a gas grill is perfectly acceptable, unless a particular category requires the use of a wood or charcoal cooker. Additionally, other forms of wood or gas cooking are fine, which would include a wood fired fireplace (indoor or outdoor), a firepit(gas or wood fired), and other gas/propane powered cookers like pizza ovens, flat tops, and griddles.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Even an indoor fireplace is acceptable. In other words...if you want to cook in your garage, as long as you are using a cooker or fuel that is designed for outdoor use you're good to go.
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Good to know. So i guess i can use a outdoor gas Turkey Fryer too? Since it seems to follow the rules you just layed out. This will come in handy since ive avoided TD's this time of year due to below freezing temps outside.

Back