THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should be the winner of the BBQ Brethren "Burger" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ya'll realize that Cack's HAMBURGER has a freaking donut on it right??!!

Notice he didn't even say what kind of donut?? If it was from premium donut pedigree, it would have been touted all over the place... It was probably a stinking 2 day old donut from the breakroom that was going to be tossed out anyways.... :tsk:

Fess up Cack!!! That donut never was worthy of that burger, was it? WAS IT???!!!

Darn, I thought it was a bagel :tsk:

Edit. Technically, It's still a bread product and every other type has been allowed. My vote stands.

What? A farking Aussie in the race for a win in a very American staple? C'mon America, step up.

(Sorry Bill, just tryin' to stir up the voters)

CD :becky:

You are welcome CD... nothing like a bit of friendly crossfire!:becky:

Keeping the Bulls in the Pit for this one... The BBQ Pit that is:thumb:

I'm very surprised I'm going well so far (2nd at this early stage) but deliberately omitting the Beetroot may have assisted!:biggrin1:

Maybe I shoulda added some crispy bacon...AND a doughnut!

AND SOME JD!:thumb:

Cheers!

Bill

Ya'll realize that Cack's HAMBURGER has a freaking donut on it right??!!

Notice he didn't even say what kind of donut?? If it was from premium donut pedigree, it would have been touted all over the place... It was probably a stinking 2 day old donut from the breakroom that was going to be tossed out anyways.... :tsk:

Fess up Cack!!! That donut never was worthy of that burger, was it? WAS IT???!!!

I can not lie ... as I've told everyone else who's asked. The doughnut was not the best part of this burger. It was fresh from a local bakery and just a basic glaze, but mixed with the sweet bbq sauce and everything else the glaze was not a wonderful taste. I ended up taking the doughnut off and using a regular bun (I had come prepared just in case). I ate a solid quarter of the burger with the doughnut, but it was just too sweet. Once I had just the bun, it was AMAZING.

I think I'll do it again, but with a spicy bbq sauce and see how that'd do.

You are welcome CD... nothing like a bit of friendly crossfire!:becky:

Keeping the Bulls in the Pit for this one... The BBQ Pit that is:thumb:

I'm very surprised I'm going well so far (2nd at this early stage) but deliberately omitting the Beetroot may have assisted!:biggrin1:

Maybe I shoulda added some crispy bacon...AND a doughnut!

AND SOME JD!:thumb:

Cheers!

Bill

You wouldn't have had a chance if I'd just thrown in some eggplant :oops:

It could be 41...

...if you at least tried to look good.

:becky:

Don't get me started.....

Strike a pose!

strikeapose.jpg

This is really tough. You'd think with forty entries someone would've had a thick cheese burger (with real cheese), on a homemade bun with bacon, avocado, ranch dressing and maybe a bit of salsa picante. I figured every combination would be represented here, but I can see I might have to compromise. Alternatively, I'd take some bleu cheese sauce with bacon and a homemade onion roll. :hungry: Well, I'll see what I'm in the mood for after lunch. The nice thing about burgers is that there are so many ways to make them and they can match your mood.

edit: well, I just finished lunch. Wonder what I'll be in the mood for hamburgerwise tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back