THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Asian" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
no wait... i'm not voting at all because asian food isn't made in america

Sorry Phube, better luck next time.

Hey Chris, you've got a calendar and coffee table books coming. How about some bumper stickers for the truly elite, something like,

"My son/daughter entered a BBQ Brethren Throwdown and got '0' votes!"

Nooooooooooo!!!!!*Luke Skywalker mod*

Dang I just realized Phubar's Pie was not Dessert at all! These Pics can be so misleading.

I know what you mean,I usually search for the threads where there are more pics of the dishes.
Then (hopefully) you can see what effort and stuph went into the dish.
There's a dessert pie in the pic though....the green one on the left next my drink and other "dessert":wink:

Spekkoek: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spekkoek

Spekkoek_en_Kue_lapis.jpg

I know what you mean,I usually search for the threads where there are more pics of the dishes.
There's a dessert pie in the pic though....the green one on the left next my drink and other "dessert":wink:

bacon cake!

how about some baumkuchen?

Yes, I cooked all day you got to vote on a side dish... My fault though. I did not specify....

Not that I'm unhappy, because the competition was terrific and this was my first effort.

I can't wait till the next challenge now. My whole family is into it and they were so disappointed for me that I didn't win... We will all work together for the next one!!!!!!

GO BRETHEREN!!!!

Cheers!!!!

Spekkoek_en_Kue_lapis.jpg

So Phu, Is there a preferred method for throw-down posting? I've been posting ingredients, prep, recipes (except this time there were 3 so I skipped it) and an entry pic. I've only entered a couple so far but I'd like to stay on the right side of the fire box:wink:.

So Phu, Is there a preferred method for throw-down posting? I've been posting ingredients, prep, recipes (except this time there were 3 so I skipped it) and an entry pic. I've only entered a couple so far but I'd like to stay on the right side of the fire box:wink:.

Sorry bro',don't think I'm the right guy to answer your question.
This was only my 2nd entry to a throwdown,next time I'll stick with shooting one plate instead of the whole table though.
I just wanted everything in the pic cause it was all (except the Stroh rum:wink:)Asian.

Yes, I cooked all day you got to vote on a side dish... My fault though. I did not specify....

Not that I'm unhappy, because the competition was terrific and this was my first effort.

I can't wait till the next challenge now. My whole family is into it and they were so disappointed for me that I didn't win... We will all work together for the next one!!!!!!

GO BRETHEREN!!!!

Cheers!!!!
No worries Mate.
I didn't win my first (And only so far :redface: the "Holiday Festive") throwdown and I plan to enter future events with the full competitiveness of a wolverine.:biggrin: Besides, the poll is still open.

Back