THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gruene smoke

Got Wood.
This guy... gets it

"...At this place, on a wood bench, God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost visited me in form of a pound of brisket. It was the Revelations of John, indeed. Eating the brisket felt like biting into the tree of life with a bark made of pepper and salt covering the softest, moistest, most savory piece of cow that ever touched my tongue. It took my breath away. I considered jumping into the pit because I knew in that very moment that never again would I feel this harmony and peace more clearly because I realized: Redemption does exist and it is served on butcher paper for $6.99 for half a pound in Austin, Texas. ..."

http://www.austinchronicle.com/blog...g-german-journalist-become-texas-bbq-convert/

SIAP

What a great article! Love the writing.

On another note - love the sausage from yer town. First time I ever drank a 12 pack by myself was floating down the NB river. :thumb:

What a great article! Love the writing.

On another note - love the sausage from yer town. First time I ever drank a 12 pack by myself was floating down the NB river. :thumb:

You should come to Wurstfest then. "The ten day salute to sausage" Every year first week of Nov.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
You should come to Wurstfest then. "The ten day salute to sausage" Every year first week of Nov.

Yup. My sister lives in Austin (I'm told I lived there in the 80's :twitch:) and I really, really, really wanna come visit her and eat like it's the end of the world. I'll keep Wurstfest in mind for sure - sounds like a great thing to build a trip around! :hungry:

In recognition of the fact that life is short and this sounds really farking cool, I think I'm gonna plan on going there this year.

Back