THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R

Rhapsody

Hey All,

I had someone ask me to make some pulled pork for a gathering they are having. They also requested a vinegar sauce. I personally LOVE the vinegar sauce from Peace, Love, and BBQ modeled after Whitts BBQ. I love how it is mellowed out with corn syrup and molasses, but wasn't sure how authentic of a vinegar sauce this was because I don't have as much experience with them. Does anyone have any true Carolina vinegar sauce recipes I should give a shot? Thanks in advance

Start with 2 cup apple cider vinegar,1 cup water,1/2 cup catsup,1/2 cup sugar and red pepper seeds.

thanks for all the help. I know the person asked for it, so I want to get as close to the original as possible, I just didn't know how widely "approved" traditional vinegar sauces are at catering and vending gigs.

i use this one and everyone loves it!!
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
crystal hot sauce (as much as you think it needs!!)

Back