Veteran's BBQ Milwaukee 2019 - Over 1200 Vets Fed!

So honored to be asked to help with this event. Totally exhausting after prepping meats and starting to cook Friday night all the way through cooking the entire event on Saturday. I could barley get out of the bed on Sunday. That being said.... that is NOTHING compared to what these hero’s have done for us. We smoked so much meat I’m not sure when I’ll be able to eat ribs again.... or pulled pork... or chicken. I think I’d make an exception for the beef tri tip though. I think we cooked 400 pounds of that..... and every bite I tried was outstanding. In honesty... I only had a few bites throughout the cook, but each bite was incredible. After all.... somebody had to do quality control ��.

Chris, Matt, and Kirk (and their families) put an INCREDIBLE amount of work into pulling this thing off. I expected it to be rough this year, serving double what we did last year, but thanks to the planning (and did I mention INCREDIBLE amount of work?) these fellas put in, it went amazingly smooth!

It's an honor to loan a little time to say thanks to so many people who gave so much for our great country. I looked forward to this event all year, and I'm already looking forward to next year. Thank you all for creating such an awesome opportunity!

Great job and much appreciated!!! and the food looks outstanding!!! All Vets appropriate that our Service and Sacrifice to our Country is never Forgotten... Shagdog, Thank You for sharing!!!

Last edited:
WOW!!!!! I have never seen such a tremendous effort to Honor Our Veterans as you all participated in doing. It is truly inspirational and I hope that others will take up the idea and follow through in other locations across the nation.

I passed right by this post and asked for pics on the donation post, sorry.

What an amazing event!, Thank You!

Hats off to you and your team, you guys put so much into it that showing up to cook was the easy part. We were lucky enough to be on the end got the chance to talk to several Vets coming to and leaving the event. They were all so happy, it's sincerely a wonderful thing to have a positive direct effect on someone if only for a day. Thank you so much for the chance to join the cause and use our bbq powers for good.

Back