THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

riseabove50

Found some matches.
got a question about vertical smoker design. if i wanted to build a vertical sausage smoker out of say a 7' long propane tank with a 30 inch diameter, how much space would i need at the bottom for a fire box? another way to ask my question is how much space should there be between the smoke/heat dissipation plate/drip pan and the bottom of the fire box? is 12" enough clearance? this will be only for sausage so the preferred cook temp would be around 160-165: very low and slow. and also, how close/far away should the sausage be to the plate and drip pan? i've seen a few vertical tank pics but not very much detail or plans on measurements and other technicalities.

thanks!

that is a very nice build! gave me some good ideas that i might borrow. thanks for the link - very helpful.

Back